[UNETHICAL]Practices Coming from Verizon WATCH OUT!!!

KaChow

Reaction score
For me this is the last straw with Verizon. I've been looking for an excuse that would push me with enough of a reason to leave "Big Red", I spend a lot of time on the road, get many dropped calls, the updates are slow as molasses, and the cost of business is the highest, besides for me Verizon is number 2 in my area Regionally. But, from this latest article this tops the cake, I simply can't imagine wanting to continue to do business with a company that not only wants to track my mobile usage, but also wants to track my personal/business usage and try to sell it to marketers without my consent.

Take this article, that is pulled from the Los Angeles Times in the Business section titled, "Verizon Sells Out Customers with Creepy New Tactic", while certainly it is not anything new for a wireless company to try to capitalize on the usage data that the customer base uses, whether it is to get an idea of what sites are viewed or online shopping is done, purchases are made, or what have you. Verizon is trying to roll-out an "enhanced" platform which does not appear to have an "opt out" option, instead, it appears that this enhanced feature extends to not only your mobile device, but also has software that is downloadable to your computer, where Verizon invades and can collect more information on what you are doing in your personal/business use. This is disgusting. I'm going post a few more links where this has been discussed so far, as I think this should become mainstream and certainly Verizon customers need to know about this.

Source: RT
Android Authority

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sounds like VZW is jumping on the information bandwagon. Google Apple and many others have been collecting information for years.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Sounds like VZW is jumping on the information bandwagon. Google Apple and many others have been collecting information for years.

Well, Verizon is but they are doing it in sneaky way. First, off you are correct, Google and Apple have been doing it for years, if you use Google's search engine to search "Android" then collecting information is more of a mainstream process. Now it would be fine if Verizon was simply collecting data and information contained within their users network and infrastructure. But the practice that becomes Unethical and the dominance for corporate power, greed, money, selling off customers information that really isn't Verizon's information that they should not even have access to in the first place, as they are violating their customers privacy for a financial benefit.

This practice is horrible and horrifying... This is something that needs to be addressed and consumers need to be protected. So, if you haven't read the articles from the OP, I do suggest reading them, as this is not going to go away.