Undo Google contacts sync

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones Forum' started by Nimmi, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Nimmi

Nimmi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Xiaomi M3
    Hello everyone!
    Here's my problem. I am using Xiaomi M3 and my contacts are synced with my google account. I had to add my friends google account for some reason and accidentally I synced his contacts. I removed his google account but I'm still not able to remove his contacts from my phone and it is a big mess. Is there a way to undo the last contacts sync from another google?
    Any help is much appreciated!

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    I don't believe there is a way to reverse sync. Once they are part of the database, I don't believe there is any identifying information that would differentiate them by their original source. You have essentially merged the databases and unless there is some key way to sort or filter them into two distinct groups you will not be able to select all of one group and do a mass delete.

Had you added one specific differentiating piece of data to all the records from one of the two databases of contacts before the merge (such as a note field with "Mike's contacts"), you could then sort or filter by that metric, choose "select all", select delete and you would be back to the original group.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nimmi

Nimmi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Xiaomi M3
    That's bad news for me! But I understand that you are right. Thank you @FoxKat .

4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Try this:

1. On your phone, go to "Settings".
    2. Look for "Data Synchronization" or "Accounts & Sync".
    3. Select your Google account.
    4. Uncheck "Contacts".

That's it!

If that doesn't work for you, you will need to delete your Google Account, restart your phone and add your [only] account back.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,437
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    On many android devices, there's an option in the Contacts to select "View only" or "Show contacts from..." or something along those lines. You could simply select your gmail account as the only account to show contacts from. Still doesn't remove your friend's contacts, but you could at least not have to see them.

I might also recommend that you select to only view your friend's contacts if you have that option. Then, you could delete those contacts. Might want to have your friend nearby though, because, depending on whether you've still got your friend's account tied to your phone, you might delete the contacts from your friend's account.

May I ask why you had to sign your friend into your phone? If it were me, I'd let them use the browser and only the browser. There are web versions of Google's services, such as gmail, calendar, contacts, etc, so they'd still be able to access whatever they were trying to access, but their account wouldn't be tied to and synced with your phone. Just a thought.

Search tags for this page
accidentally synced contacts samsung
contact undo
googl accon reversee
google account reverse
how do i undo sync on android
phone contacts reverse all contacts
phone revert sync

undo last sync in google contact

undo sync android

undo sync contacts android