Understanding Battery Life...

bigthinker

Reaction score
I'm new to Droid and read the above about the battery life. I'm confused about how to determine which apps are running in the background and which ones are running on the network. Is there an app that is good at battery management on the droid?
I use Advanced Task Manager found in the market....It allows you to manage what you want running and taking up memory and what you want to shut down at the press of a finger. It's an awesome app. Before this install, my battery life was giving me fits. Hope this helps...Welcome to the Droid Forums! :motdroidvert:

dnvnk

Reaction score
You might also want to use the Power Management Widget, which is part of the default widgets the Droid comes with. Turn off radios you don't need on like WiFi or GPS unless you need it to conserve battery power. That Widget is nice to turn on and off things quickly, which also includes the Background Sync and turning on the Auto-Dim Brightness so the light sensor will lower the brightness when you are in darker rooms.

The problem with this widget, is that when you turn on auto-sync, you have to manually go into settings to turn off "background data." very annoying. unless there is a way around it i am not sure of.