Underclocking worth it?

Psj77

Reaction score
I use apps like juicedefender to save battery when I lock my phone. Would using jrummys app help my battery life if I had settings to underclock when my phone is locked?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yes. Droidoverclock and quickclock can be used for underclocking/undervolting, and setcpu can be set up with profiles to underclock when the screen is off.

All three can do the profiling but jrummys app and quickclock are the ones that let you overclock or undervolt.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Yes. Droidoverclock and quickclock can be used for underclocking/undervolting, and setcpu can be set up with profiles to underclock when the screen is off.

All three can do the profiling but jrummys app and quickclock are the ones that let you overclock or undervolt.

+1

Swyped from a Droid

mikey4226

Reaction score
I have both juice defender and jrummys OC app, and I think it's worth it. I'm undervolted and overclocked, so I get faster performance and better battery life at the same time. The presets are very easy to use and the ability to set up profiles for when you are charging, screen off, screen on, etc is great. All in all, it's well with the $2

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App