1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Underclocking and battery life

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by Kheovnien, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Kheovnien

Kheovnien New Member

Has anyone noticed a drastic change in battery life by underclocking the droid x (such as with screen off and low battery)? I've read that the droid x already manages processor speeds natively so underclocking with something like SetCPU won't make a difference. Anyone care to chime in wtih experience?
    thanks
  2. Skull One

Skull One New Member

This is correct with all major Android based phones at present. But to really see a difference, a custom Low Voltage kernel is probably the single largest way to get more battery life.
  3. parm289

parm289 New Member

You can undervolt your phone manually using the tools provided in the droid x overclock thread in this forum. I run stock frequency but undervolt by about half, to max 34vsel. I now see about 1.5-2x more battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX
  4. iojk9999

iojk9999 New Member

not to be a whipper snapper, but most of the energy goes to display, so how could undervolting get you 50%+ batterylife? you mean 50%+ standby?
  5. parm289

parm289 New Member

I mean that under normal usage (I also keep the screen at min brightness), I can use the phone for twice as long without charging, i.e. uptime is doubled.

Sent from my DROIDX
Search tags for this page
does underclocking save battery android

droid x underclock

how to under clock to make battery life better
how to underclock a droid x
script android underclock screen off

underclock droid x

underclock processor safe save battery android

underclocking droid x

what does underclocking android do