Underclock Bugless Beast

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by OriginalDroid, Feb 17, 2011.

1. OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, for starts, I've owned my D1 since launch day. It has been good to me, but it has slowed to the point of annoyance. I've done a handful of factory resets and after the most recent... stock Froyo just doesn't cut it anymore, and although LauncherPro helped a little, it was minuscule.

Another thing, it gets hot on the outside at the stock 560 MHz, I fear that the 800 MHz overclock Bugless Beast comes out will cause me to have a pretty new paperweight.

So back to the title, is it possible to underclock Bugless Beast to the stock 560 or maybe a little lower? Or would underclocking the Bugless Beast leave me with a similar performing stock Froyo?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. painbird

painbird New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can set the built in governor to a max of anything up to 800mhz. Its in the rom toolkit.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. speakercode

speakercode Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You may want to change to an entirely different kernel such as a ChevyNo1, his have run very cool for me. Kernel seems to affect heat a lot and it's possible that one of the ROMs or kernels you've previously loaded are still lingering.

I recently re-wiped and flashed 6.2.1 again and it's solved my heat problem, redraws, and numerous other problems. Did you wipe/install through ROM Mgr or through Clockwork? I'd recommend going into Clockwork recovery, factory wipe 3x, wipe cache 3x, wipe dalvik cache 3x, and then flash and install a new ROM from within Clockwork.

You've had it since day 1 so it probably has seen its fair share of abuse, but I wouldn't give up just yet!

4. Felix 222

Felix 222 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    install set cpu and enable profiles. underclock to 250 or 125 while screen is off. set to "on demand" mode and highest speed of kernel while screen is on. i run a 1.25ghz with no problems.