Undeclocking and battery life.

en28so

Reaction score
I just wanted to let you guys know that now that I'm using my X underclocked to 900mhz and using profiles with the jrummys overclocking app, my battery life is way better. I used to be overcloked at 1.3ghz, and my battery would only last 6hrs. Now performance wise, Imho I haven't noticed a huge difference. Only if I run a livewall wallpaper my phone gets a little laggy. But even overclocking doesn't help much with live wallpapers. I learned this from a tip from one of the members here, which I thanked.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidX316

Reaction score
You are right i use quickclock and i am underclocked to 900 as well and 300 lowest with low vsel running gummyjar 2.5 and my battery life is awesome.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
QuickClock Advanced is an awesome app that determines lowest stable vsel for your phone. If you use preset values then you're not maximizing your battery savings.

J

Johnly

Get a Bionic.....trump those apps and under volt for real......

thistle

Reaction score
I just wanted to let you guys know that now that I'm using my X underclocked to 900mhz and using profiles with the jrummys overclocking app, my battery life is way better. I used to be overcloked at 1.3ghz, and my battery would only last 6hrs.
6 hours of what, straight use? I have mine over- and under-clocked via profiles and get days of normal use. I only overclock (1.35Ghz) when the screen's on and make sure to turn it off when not in use. Screen off it's between 300 and 600. All frequencies have minimum stable voltages as well. You can have the best of both worlds with good profiles.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
I just wanted to let you guys know that now that I'm using my X underclocked to 900mhz and using profiles with the jrummys overclocking app, my battery life is way better. I used to be overcloked at 1.3ghz, and my battery would only last 6hrs.
6 hours of what, straight use? I have mine over- and under-clocked via profiles and get days of normal use. I only overclock (1.35Ghz) when the screen's on and make sure to turn it off when not in use. Screen off it's between 300 and 600. All frequencies have minimum stable voltages as well. You can have the best of both worlds with good profiles.
I did have it over and underclocked with profiles, and my phone would get a little too warm. I'm web surfing, using stereo bluetooth, using fring for Im and a couple of few short phone calls. Using 3g is the real killer. Yesterday I got 9hrs from the verizon extended battery.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the BH6X 1930mAh extended battery from Verizon.

I run Darkslide 4.2 and have all my unwanted/unused apps

frozen with TiBU. I got 2 days and 22 hours out of it with

moderate use. OC'ing is not needed IMHO :)