Unconditional Refunds May Be Offered For The Galaxy S8

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-s8-leak-840x267.png

Samsung needs to do something major to gain back consumer trust after what happened with the Note 7 and even other Samsung products like Washers and Dryers that were recalled. Samsung will obviously spend lots of money on a marketing blitz. They may also offer an unconditional refund for Galaxy S8 users according to a report coming out of Korea. The offer would allow customers to use the Galaxy S8 for more than three months and still be able to get their money back if for any reason they don't want to keep the phone. Would an unconditional trial period with this kind of longevity make you more comfortable with buying the Galaxy S8?

via SamMobile

thc1967

Reaction score
Hey Sammy,

The best way to get me to jump is to offer me full credit on the phone you forced me into when you forced me to give up my Note 7. I give you the phone, you credit every penny I paid against it toward the S8 of my choice.

Sincerely, a formerly happy former Note 7 owner

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hey Sammy,

The best way to get me to jump is to offer me full credit on the phone you forced me into when you forced me to give up my Note 7. I give you the phone, you credit every penny I paid against it toward the S8 of my choice.

Sincerely, a formerly happy former Note 7 owner
They already did that.

thc1967

Reaction score
They already did that.

No, they refunded the money I paid on my Note 7 when they forced me to give up the best phone ever - to trade it in for a significantly inferior phone, the "next best" that they offered at the time.

I want a refund of money I had to pay for this inferior phone that I never wanted and still don't want to entice me into a new Samsung device.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No, they refunded the money I paid on my Note 7 when they forced me to give up the best phone ever - to trade it in for a significantly inferior phone, the "next best" that they offered at the time.

I want a refund of money I had to pay for this inferior phone that I never wanted and still don't want to entice me into a new Samsung device.
So by them refunding you the money for the Note 7, you expect them to pay more for you to have a note 8?

shockracer

Reaction score
I would time it with 3 months from the Note 8 release so I could make a smooth jump from the S8 plus to a phone I wanted the whole time.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Make it even easier, just exchange a new Note 8 straight up for whatever S8 I might buy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

firefight16

Reaction score
I agree I wanted a Note 7, not a S7. My old Note 4 was at the end of its life, and nobody wants a Note 5. So I got the phone of my dreams, then I have to send it back get another and send it back and get a S7. So I want a full refund on my S7, or a straight up trade for the pain I went though with the Note 7. Okay sure I'll pay a few bucks, but I never wanted a S7 or any other phone I wanted a Note.

JRatliff

Reaction score
Still using my note 7 :) sorry you had to trade yours in. My girlfriend is still a little mad she traded hers in too.

The S8 looks nice but I'm also more interested in what comes of the next note. A discount on a trade up to the note would sway me to buy the s8. Also good idea above to time it so you can return it by the time the note comes out.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk