Uncertain on 4.3

lwags67

Reaction score
Read elsewhere it is uncertain if the RazrM will get 4.3

If Moto does not take care of one of its best selliing phones after 1 year, then I am done with Moto=Google and will go to another platform when I can - read Samsung.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Source?

Unless it was confirmed by Moto or Google themselves, you can just chalk it up as another rumor.

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
Regarding the source being absolutely terrible, "The International Business Times is an online publication based in New York City [SUP][/SUP] comprising 10 national editions and seven languages. The publication, sometimes called IBTimes or IBT, offers news, opinion, and editorial commentary on business and business-related stories. [SUP][/SUP] It is ranked by Alexa as the fourth-most visited site among business newspapers" from Wikipedia.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
We will either get it or we will not. No sense speculating....we will not know for sure until it happens. No online publication knows for sure either, that's not how it works.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Regarding the source being absolutely terrible, "The International Business Times is an online publication based in New York City comprising 10 national editions and seven languages. The publication, sometimes called IBTimes or IBT, offers news, opinion, and editorial commentary on business and business-related stories. It is ranked by Alexa as the fourth-most visited site among business newspapers" from Wikipedia.

Yet, the author cites no sources in her Motorola section. The whole paragraph about Motorola is nothing but speculation. Every other manufacturer she talks about has plenty of links backing up her claims, but the Motorola one contains two links...to Wikipedia. Hmm.

As sajokaz has already said, no one knows if the Razr M will get 4.3. The only way we'll know for sure is if Google/Motorola comes out and says it will, or if we start seeing soak test/dev build leaks.

EDIT - I realize this post my sound a bit hostile. My point is, the article offers no concrete information when it comes to Motorola phones. It seems like, unfortunately, the article is just sensationalist "reporting" that exists merely to gain the most amount of clicks and views for the advertisers on it's page.

Last edited:

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Like someone said either we get or we don't. After two years a phone is "obsolete" or worn out anyway. One year down and going strong. Who keeps a phone more than 2 years anyway? I don't see a problem not getting the latest release.

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
Yet, the author cites no sources in her Motorola section. The whole paragraph about Motorola is nothing but speculation. Every other manufacturer she talks about has plenty of links backing up her claims, but the Motorola one contains two links...to Wikipedia. Hmm.

As sajokaz has already said, no one knows if the Razr M will get 4.3. The only way we'll know for sure is if Google/Motorola comes out and says it will, or if we start seeing soak test/dev build leaks.

EDIT - I realize this post my sound a bit hostile. My point is, the article offers no concrete information when it comes to Motorola phones. It seems like, unfortunately, the article is just sensationalist "reporting" that exists merely to gain the most amount of clicks and views for the advertisers on it's page.

I also realize there are a lot of people who are alpha personalities and jump on anything that does not line up with their reality.

I was SIMPLY posting something I came across. After being in the business community for 45 years (more than most here have been out of diapers), I am able to discern fact from speculation.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I also realize there are a lot of people who are alpha personalities and jump on anything that does not line up with their reality.

I was SIMPLY posting something I came across. After being in the business community for 45 years (more than most here have been out of diapers), I am able to discern fact from speculation.

I did not mean to come across hostile either. I just don't like to speculate on software updates. I am way old enough to know better also (been out of diapers for many years! :biggrin:) In my personal opinion ( and this is just my opinion....no external sources) I think the Razr M will see at least one more update. As you stated, it was a good seller & I think Moto and Verizon will update the software. Motorola does not always publish a schedule, so we may not know when until right before the OTA push. Sometimes the test (soak) process leaks out. With the arrival of the new Droid line and the Moto X, I think they will be focused on those for a few months; then we might see updates for the Razr M, HD & HD Maxx. At least we can hope so.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score

Fair enough. Point taken.

Will the Razr M see 4.3? The real question you should ask is...do you necessarily want 4.3, and if so why? Having the latest software is not always a plus...there are many lessons to be learned from past examples. Look no further than Motorola's botched 2.3 upgrade for the Droid X, and again for the X2. Both updates brought major system stability problems that took months to fix in yet another update - and in some cases (Droid X2, which I had at the time) they never got around to fixing the problems they introduced.

For example, the Droid X2 2.3 update caused many phones to randomly restart themselves once they hit around 24 hours of continuous up time. This was acknowledged by Motorola on their official forums, and said they were "looking into it". A few months later, another update comes out. It introduced even more problems, including an inaccurate battery meter that lied about how much juice your phone had left.

That experience really soured me on software updates. Now whenever I spot an update for the Razr M, I hope it doesn't do anything to mess it up.

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
Should I advise Fionna Agomuoh that you do not think much of her reporting?

NOVICE

Reaction score
After I bought the Galaxy Nexus shortly after release, I wasted considerable time obsessing over updates. I hoped that newer versions of Android would magically cure the bad radios and other defects inherent to the device. The updates didn't help.

People who constantly flashed custom ROMS were always claiming great improvements. Over time I have become quite skeptical of these supposed improvements. I suspect wishful thinking was involved.

The other thing I learned was that even with a "developer" phone like the Galaxy Nexus, Verizon doesn't give a damn. Don't ever buy a phone from this company with the expectation that you will get an update during the usual 2 year contract cycle.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Should I advise Fionna Agomuoh that you do not think much of her reporting?

I'm sure she's already gotten that feedback, since anyone who reads that article will realize how much of a joke it is.

After I bought the Galaxy Nexus shortly after release, I wasted considerable time obsessing over updates. I hoped that newer versions of Android would magically cure the bad radios and other defects inherent to the device. The updates didn't help.

People who constantly flashed custom ROMS were always claiming great improvements. Over time I have become quite skeptical of these supposed improvements. I suspect wishful thinking was involved.

The other thing I learned was that even with a "developer" phone like the Galaxy Nexus, Verizon doesn't give a damn. Don't ever buy a phone from this company with the expectation that you will get an update during the usual 2 year contract cycle.

Yes, the Galaxy Nexus was handled poorly on Verizon. It launched with a bug that sometimes disabled all cellular radios on your phone, essentially turning on airplane mode by itself. People would take it out of their pockets to discover that the last three hours, the phone's radios had locked up. This meant that people missed phone calls, text messages, push notifications - and it took Google and Verizon a total of 5 months launch to patch the problem. Google hasn't bothered to put a Nexus device on a CDMA carrier in the states since. It also had to launch against the Motorola Razr/Maxx/Droid 4 in the same timeframe, and since the Droid line is a proven solid seller, of course Verizon will dedicate more resources to the support of those phones when it comes to fast-tracking update testing and stuff like that.

Last edited:
OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
I'm sure she's already gotten that feedback, since anyone who reads that article will realize how much of a joke it is.

And you are why I am going to quit this forum.

Give it up.