Uncapped data mod???

luvmypups26

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been searching online to find this mod for the D2 but to no avail. It is however available for the DX and I've noticed that many DX roms and themes work on D2. So I was wondering if anyone knows if it works or if anyone who knows what theye doing could try to get something like this working for the D2?? That would be awesome!

cron666

Reaction score
u talkin about using the unlimited data plan?

if you get the unlimited data plan for 30 a month and tether with the stock "3G Movile Hotspot" you have 5 gigs to work with when tethering.

verizon knows you are tethering because their app tells them.

so just root and use "Wireless Tether" or a patched version of Verizon's "3g Mobile Hotspot" and verizon never knows you are tethering.

unless they are traffic monitoring and picking out your user agent from whatever browser you're using.

i havent had an issue, ive accessed my "My Verizon" account through the website and it shows me ive used "1.5GB of Unlimited" under my usage.

to be safe, you can change your user agent string in your browser. firefox is easy, its an addon, pretty sure its impossible in Safari or IE. Pretty sure it can be done in Chrome, but i forget how.

so you can grab the user agent string from the phones browser and have your comptuers browser report that.

simple enough? :welcome: to the world of hacking

king_43

Reaction score
Ya verizon gets enough money outta us! We pay for data, why pay 20 xtra to share that..

thebird36

Reaction score
I believe he is talking about data throttling?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
He is, there's a tut on how to do it on XDAforums. However, when I tried to do it I bricked and had to SBF back.

thebird36

Reaction score
I haven't seen much on data throttling for d2 only for dx why must they have all the fun!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cron666

Reaction score
No, im not talking about throttling.

im talking about data allowance caps.

when tethering, you are able to transfer a total of 5GB of data TOTAL a month.
has anyone read their contracts, or do you just sign your life away?

when the phone is reported as the data endpoint, depending on your plan, you are unlimited.

i also own a mifi mobile hotspot, you cannot buy an unlimited plan for that, its 5GB or 10GB, mayb some smaller plans but they are useless.

ive also gone over my monthly usage and it sucks. they charge you out the ass.

i AM however having problems with the tethering as my 3G radio drops the connection randomly. so im out searching for a fix for that.

thebird36

Reaction score
your mentioning things that have nothing to do with it yes there is a "cap" but removing the throttle just makes uploads and downloads faster because it removes that cap 3g mobile hotspot and wifi tether have nothing to do with throttling

cron666

Reaction score
Plz don't use data cap and data throttling interchangeably.

A data cap is a limit on the total amount of data consumed.
A throttle is the ISP slowing down the connection speed dependent on variables it gains from your usage.

Are we talking about throttling? I haven't noticed any going on, I stream dvd quality tv shows from loombo no problemo, except when my fone overheats :p

$ent from a DeRezzed Droid2