Uncapped data mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if they are going to try and stop anyone, it will be you...with that kind of usage.

I dont use anywhere near that much data, as I have home internet service through another provider. I dont use my phone as my isp.

You can stop whining now. Ahh...the irony of people whining about whiny people.

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well, I haven't followed all of the debate - all I can say is this will be in the next version of SS - testing it now and saw a jump from 1300 download to 2100

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, I haven't followed all of the debate - all I can say is this will be in the next version of SS - testing it now and saw a jump from 1300 download to 2100

That's great to hear Chevy. This is going to be in both the SS roms correct? SS for the droid and SSX for the droid X.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

That's great to hear Chevy. This is going to be in both the SS roms correct? SS for the droid and SSX for the droid X.

Yes sir, both ROM's!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rut row... just ran into a slight issue. If I try to open up mobile networks I get instant FC on the....dialer? Anyone else?

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll confirm that with Chevy (Like anyone doubts him LOL) I have seen a significant increase in raw speed, from 800 to 900's before and now I have even seen a 2400. Also if this makes sense at all besides the raw speed increase my ping has dropped about 50ms.

Thats a pretty impressive ping test score to me, I'm usually C- to D+

Phreaker47

Reaction score

Yes sir, both ROM's!

I do not normally use the term "woot", but clearly, this applies here.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
3G locked on at the same time as wifi after FC.... had to reboot

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
if they are going to try and stop anyone, it will be you...with that kind of usage.

I dont use anywhere near that much data, as I have home internet service through another provider. I dont use my phone as my isp.

You can stop whining now. Ahh...the irony of people whining about whiny people.

i use barely 1.5gb a month...ahh the irony of people not reading correctly and then attempting to correct the wrong person.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a question...how or why would this increase overall speed? Doesn't make sense. If VZW allegedly throttles after you reach a certain data consumption, and this mod negates that, why would you suddenly see better speeds then you've ever seen? The only explanation would be that we were throttled from the beginning before we reached any data consumption threshold which is not true.

I dont understand how people are reporting increases in speed. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand what this mod is supposed to do.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Right, which is what I thought it did. Removes the throttle. So that means we're throttled from the start? That VZW is not giving us the full 3g experience? haha

i'm trying to figure out why people are reporting increases in speed if this only removes a throttle that vzw allegedly imposes when you reach a certain bandwidth consumption.

if that's not what it does, it means everyone is throttled no matter what...which makes no sense, right

if it looks like a placebo...

Status
Not open for further replies.