Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Highly interested in this

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

y2thrasher

Reaction score
Have you tried flashing that .zip over 2.5? Do a backup and give it a shot, it may work. It replaces the services.jar file under /system/. Not sure if BD does anything with this file so it may work.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if these work with OG Droid or if anyone has ported it over? Looks like the links are for the INC.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The port for Droid 1 is in the works from what I just found out talking to the Droid Concepts crew. But who knows how long.

islandak

Reaction score
Flashing that zip does not work on UD 2.5. I was stuck at M. According to this thread each ROM's services.jar can be different so one update.zip will not work with all ROMs. I'm just repeating what I read.

I loaded up CM 6.1 and flashed. It seems to be working.

The bottom two results are from before the patch. The 0's are the first test I ran after the patch. The top two results are at work this morning. There are a couple of readings that are close, but it looks like it works to me.

I'm pretty sure this will become a standard feature soon. (I hope)

Attachments

• Data Uncapped.jpg
    Data Uncapped.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 821

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i cant imagine how doing this doesnt violate TOS
A lot of what we're doing does that. I'd like to get it on UD.

true but i would imagine this borders on the line of illegal, considering we're somehow manipulating their network no? or am i just completely off?

OP
S

sherpajosh

Reaction score
true but i would imagine this borders on the line of illegal, considering we're somehow manipulating their network no? or am i just completely off?

I see it changing the way your phone connects to the network, it doesn't change the network itself. It would be similar to flashing a different radio on your phone which increases your reception.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

I see it changing the way your phone connects to the network, it doesn't change the network itself. It would be similar to flashing a different radio on your phone which increases your reception.

ah ok thanks for clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.