Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't have much experience with sbf on the DX man, I'm sorry :(

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
Whoooa sorry, fell asleep at my fiance's house! Sbf will put your phone back to completely stock as well as removing root so you'll have to start over anyway. Do you have Backup Assistant??

No luck on option 1, back at bootlooping, going to flash the SBF, hope I get to keep my data.

DroidForums Junkie!!

This isn't completely true. Flashing an SBF to your phone won't cause you to lose data but I may cause a loss of root. I use Z4root because for me its the easiest way to re-root my phone. What causes a loss of apps and other data is when you boot to recovery and wipe the data for a system wipe. If you flash an SBF without wiping the data you will retain all of your apps and things stored on your phone, but some ROMs require you to wipe or else you will bootloop.

rangerwolf

Reaction score
does anyone know what to do if your droid X won't see the usb cable when ts plugged in on the bootloader screen?

I know the USB works cause if i don't get into the black and white screen, but instead stuck on the moterla symbol i can see my phone in RSD and everything. Just when i plug in the usb cable to my droid in the bootloader, it only pops up on screen for a split second and then goes back to "connect to usb"

any other info is my boot loader is 30.04, I'm unrooted but my phone is stuck in a forever bootloop i can't get out of. When my phone does show up in RSD it wont' flash the file, it gives the error Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (Error Code: 3b)

been workign on this for 2 days researching but i can't get it working D:

HALP! XD

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have you double checked the drivers? What version of RSD are you on?

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I meant "start over" as in with rooting. Sorry for not being more specific :)

Whoooa sorry, fell asleep at my fiance's house! Sbf will put your phone back to completely stock as well as removing root so you'll have to start over anyway. Do you have Backup Assistant??

No luck on option 1, back at bootlooping, going to flash the SBF, hope I get to keep my data.

DroidForums Junkie!!

This isn't completely true. Flashing an SBF to your phone won't cause you to lose data but I may cause a loss of root. I use Z4root because for me its the easiest way to re-root my phone. What causes a loss of apps and other data is when you boot to recovery and wipe the data for a system wipe. If you flash an SBF without wiping the data you will retain all of your apps and things stored on your phone, but some ROMs require you to wipe or else you will bootloop.

DroidForums Junkie!!

rangerwolf

Reaction score
Have you double checked the drivers? What version of RSD are you on?

DroidForums Junkie!!

double check, rechecked that and again XD. I've downloaded the drivers straight from Motorola with the motoconnect and reinstaleld it a few times too. I'm also using RSD 4.8 and i've tried 4.7 as well.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try plugging your phone up and then booting into the bootloader. It took a few times for my phone and PC to get along too. If that doesn't work, I have someone in mind to bring in :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

rangerwolf

Reaction score
Try plugging your phone up and then booting into the bootloader. It took a few times for my phone and PC to get along too. If that doesn't work, I have someone in mind to bring in :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

I've done that atleast 300 times.. i'm not kidding XD i'm usually very techy but this one has me stumped in every way.

Theres 2 screens i seem to load into when trying to get into the bootloader.

1. Screen 1. white background and shows the normal boot moterla symbol. how ever it does not move from this screen, but gives me the Moterla flash driver and its shows up in RSD lite.
  2. Screen 2. The bootloader, shows connect USB data Cable weather its plugged in before or after.
  3. screen 3. this is the normal boot loop cycle, but sometimes if i hold down a single button, it shows 4 devices that show up in my device manager, and only one has a driver it can find, which is a stander USB driver. The rest are

• Diag interface
  • MUX interface
  • TCMD interface
  • and the USB driver
hopefully this will help a little

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Furbearingmammal is helping you out on android.net? That's who I was going to go to.

DroidForums Junkie!!

I've done that atleast 300 times.. i'm not kidding XD i'm usually very techy but this one has me stumped in every way.

Theres 2 screens i seem to load into when trying to get into the bootloader.

1. Screen 1. white background and shows the normal boot moterla symbol. how ever it does not move from this screen, but gives me the Moterla flash driver and its shows up in RSD lite.
  2. Screen 2. The bootloader, shows connect USB data Cable weather its plugged in before or after.
  3. screen 3. this is the normal boot loop cycle, but sometimes if i hold down a single button, it shows 4 devices that show up in my device manager, and only one has a driver it can find, which is a stander USB driver. The rest are

• Diag interface
  • MUX interface
  • TCMD interface
  • and the USB driver
hopefully this will help a little

DroidForums Junkie!!

rangerwolf

Reaction score
yea, hes been helping me out big time, btu i think hes stumped too. if your interested, and I'm allowed to link to other forums, heres my thread Droid X boot loop

I'm trying to get a couple more minds on this if possible cause this is really really weird. I bet if i could get my usb to show up on the bootloader everything would be fine, its that white screen i think thats not giving it write access.

Last edited:

dmahat

Reaction score
i'm not if anyone has had the same issue but I had the whole "currupt code" issue along with the low battery. I tried the MacGyver technique and it worked, but i think it totally messed up my phone. Now my phone will not charge. It just has a question mark inside the battery indicator. No signs of it charging, and when i hook it up to a power source is says invalid.

I got a new battery from the verizon store and nothing :( still the same issue. I guess i'm pretty much screwed...and its not under any type of warranty.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
i'm not if anyone has had the same issue but I had the whole "currupt code" issue along with the low battery. I tried the MacGyver technique and it worked, but i think it totally messed up my phone. Now my phone will not charge. It just has a question mark inside the battery indicator. No signs of it charging, and when i hook it up to a power source is says invalid.

I got a new battery from the verizon store and nothing :( still the same issue. I guess i'm pretty much screwed...and its not under any type of warranty.

Check your private messages, I sent you one to try to help. I also changed the guide a little bit to try to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

And rangerwolf, your problem has stumped me as well. I'll try to help in any way that I can and if I think of something I'll let you know.

Naidanirt

Reaction score
Omg

Omg... Dude thank you for this tutorial...i flashed a ROM and EVERYTHING went wrong... i got stuck a the boot icon... i kinda failed at the SBF but SERIOUSLY THANKS!!!! i love you for this tutorial... yours is the only one that worked!!!

That Guy

Reaction score

Same thing happened to me /facepalm. I went to the verizon store today and they tried charging a new battery and it didn't work so he did a factory reset. After it still wouldn't charge he told me I would have to use my insurance to replace the phone but I have a lot of stuff on my sd card that I don't want them to see, how ****ed am I?