Unbricking Your Droid X

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
thats ok I'm giving up its a paper weight now. stays in bootloader even after downloading and installing that file

You shouldn't give up man, but it's your choice. If you wouldn't can you answer these questions? I'm really curious as to what is happening.
1) What version were you coming from?
2) What version(s) did you try flashing?

I've had that error a couple of times and it is possible to get out of it, just a matter of figuring out why the error is coming up and then going from there.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Yeah, don't get frustrated. its a pain trust me I know. I called verizon's tech on the line for awhile, they couldn't figure it out, and then they sent me a "refurb" Droid X, and right before I was going to send my old one in they newest .sbf file was leaked, and I flashed it and finally it worked... I sent the refurb back and told Verizon I fixed mine and they can have their refurb back.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Also "some" verizon stores have the ability to flash the phone, you can try calling... just don't tell them you attempted to flash it, just tell them you tried to reset it to factory settings cause it was locking up or something, and finally after messing around you got this message.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
Also "some" verizon stores have the ability to flash the phone, you can try calling... just don't tell them you attempted to flash it, just tell them you tried to reset it to factory settings cause it was locking up or something, and finally after messing around you got this message.

Or you can even say that your phone tried to update itself and it gave you that screen afterwards. Trust me, it works :)

whills

Reaction score
I was running the most recent sbf .340 I think and had tranquility 3.6 and I've tried flashing all sbf files. I just very frustrated. I have worked onit for two days now with results getting worse
I have attached a pic of what the screen says
If anyone has an answer I would really appreciate it.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
I was running the most recent sbf .340 I think and had tranquility 3.6 and I've tried flashing all sbf files. I just very frustrated. I have worked onit for two days now with results getting worse

I believe the problem is because you were running a ROM. Here's what to do:
1) Factory reset the device (clear Data, cache, etc) from the recovery menu
2) Reflash the most recent SBF using RSD Lite
3) Afterwords you should reboot into stock .340
4) If you happen to bootloop, just try reflashing. Sometimes you need to do it twice

You'll have to resetup your phone and reapply the ROM etc. but at least your phone will be working again.

whills

Reaction score
I can't get into a recovery menu it keeps coming up with this screen

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
brings me back to that screen

Okay I'm gonna be thinking about this one a lot. I know I had a very similar problem (if not the same exact problem) and I was able to solve it by doing a factory reset. I'll try to remember how I got back into the recovery menu. In the meantime, if anybody else thinks they can help please feel free to join in.

whills

Reaction score
Its ok I gave up and insurance is sending a replacement should have it tomorrow.Thanks for the help!!

jaedi

Reaction score
Again!!

This happened to me once before... and I forgot how I was able to fix it... I see no one said how it's done.
If anyone has any tips please help I'm desperate. :icon_eek:

jaedi

Reaction score

This happened to me once before... and I forgot how I was able to fix it... I see no one said how it's done.

Been at this for over 6 hrs... Keep failing, tried flashing 2.1 and 2.2.
RSD says complete but my phone keeps showing the error... I seriously wish I could remember what I did when this happened. :icon_ cry:

jaedi

Reaction score

Been at this for over 6 hrs... Keep failing, tried flashing 2.1 and 2.2.
RSD says complete but my phone keeps showing the error... I seriously wish I could remember what I did when this happened. :icon_ cry:

Okay so here it goes... from a non-expert.
I was able to fix the problem by reading a thread from p3droid.[knows his droids]
The 30.04 at the top of the screen gives us the Bootloader version, which seems to have a permanent update. Probably the reason why we can't flash older .sbf files. If your .sbf file doesn't meet the requirement then you have to find the most recent one. Its out there just look.
We all know that DroidXs can't be flashed with older .sbf files because they will give you an error message. I don't know how this applies to other droid phones.

Here is a link where you can get the .sbf and has more info from an expert.

Droid X: 2.3.32 Full SBF

dancedroid fixed it dancedroid