Unbricking Your Droid X

bharkin

Reaction score
So I have done this and have the phone back to stock out of the box form, activated and everything. The only problem is the battery is still not recognized as a motorola battery and will not charge. Any thoughts on how to fix this or do I need a new battery?
Some people have to do a factory reset. Sounds crazy, but it works.... dancedroid

BlownSi05

Reaction score
So I have done this and have the phone back to stock out of the box form, activated and everything. The only problem is the battery is still not recognized as a motorola battery and will not charge. Any thoughts on how to fix this or do I need a new battery?
Some people have to do a factory reset. Sounds crazy, but it works.... dancedroid

Yeah I did that and it still didn't take the battery. Tried another battery and same thing. Something got royally fubar'ed.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score

Yeah I did that and it still didn't take the battery. Tried another battery and same thing. Something got royally fubar'ed.

Not sure if I understand this correctly but are you at the normal Droid X screen? Or are you stuck in bootloader mode and the battery won't charge?

BlownSi05

Reaction score

Not sure if I understand this correctly but are you at the normal Droid X screen? Or are you stuck in bootloader mode and the battery won't charge?

Re-flashed with the stock .sbf, was able to get into the phone to factory reset, re-flashed again with the .sbf and factory reset once more. The phone is working and activated again fine, but it will not recognize any battery as legit.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
I have seen on the forums someone else had this problem... But I think it was because they removed the pull tab from the batt. compartment. (Not sure how this would effect it) maybe something else got ripped in the process... Other than that I've never heard of it.

Are you trying to charge off a PC or the plug? Sometimes if the proper drivers are not loaded on the PC it will fail to charge.

Prime21

Reaction score
This will really help me went I try to root my DX. Thank you for this great guide.:):)

jakemerrell

Reaction score
I am trying this and I keep getting a failure when I try and flash.
It says my Droid X Failed flashing process: Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatable with multi-interface super file. [0x703B] Phone connected. HELP!!!

Sorry to leave you hangin there, I've been trying to think of what I did to fix this error. A few things that came to mind:
-Run RSD Lite as Admin
-Make sure the phone is in bootloader mode
-When in bootloader mode and connected to computer, make sure phone says "Okay to Program"

I'll try to think of some more solutions, I know how frustrating it is to not have a working phone.

I am in the same boat I have not been able to get past that error even with the above suggestions. Please if anyone knows how let us know

bharkin

Reaction score
I am trying this and I keep getting a failure when I try and flash.
It says my Droid X Failed flashing process: Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatable with multi-interface super file. [0x703B] Phone connected. HELP!!!

Sorry to leave you hangin there, I've been trying to think of what I did to fix this error. A few things that came to mind:
-Run RSD Lite as Admin
-Make sure the phone is in bootloader mode
-When in bootloader mode and connected to computer, make sure phone says "Okay to Program"

I'll try to think of some more solutions, I know how frustrating it is to not have a working phone.

I am in the same boat I have not been able to get past that error even with the above suggestions. Please if anyone knows how let us know

Believe me when I tell you I feel your pain. I have finally been able to flash.
This is what I did to get mine to work on a Win7 system.
Click on START>PROGRAMS>MOTOROLA. Shift+Right click on Motorola Driver installer and run as admin. It will run, when it stops, click on the clean and reinstall and run it again. This will uninstall all the drivers for your DroidX and reinstall the most current ones. After it's done plug in your DX and let Windows find and install it. It may take a couple of unplug/plugs to get all the drivers loaded. You know you're done when you plug in your DX and it just opens the window for it.

Next, you want to unplug your DX and get into the bootloader by holding camera,down volume and holding the power button. Once it opens, set your DX aside.

Next, shift+right click on RSD and run as admin. Once it's up, find your sbf file and load it. Plug in your DX and wait until windows loads that set of drivers. Once windows finishes loading the drivers, you are good to go for flashing.
I flashed 4 times over the weekend, just to get an idea of what I am doing. I went from bone stock, to 2.2, back to stock, and back to 2.2. It is stable and runs great. Let me know if you have any more problems. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So followed these instructions to a T, even got the phone on reboot and go the PASS on RSD but then it reboots and goes into boot loop. Booted into recovery and did factory reset and it loaded ok and just programmed. My question is did I miss something and do something wrong or do you just have to do factory restore some times?

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
So followed these instructions to a T, even got the phone on reboot and go the PASS on RSD but then it reboots and goes into boot loop. Booted into recovery and did factory reset and it loaded ok and just programmed. My question is did I miss something and do something wrong or do you just have to do factory restore some times?

Some people have been able to fix the problem by pulling the battery and some people have had to do a factory reset. I've experienced both cases but I'm not sure why it's like that.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Cool thanks, either way I am back up and running stock now. Appreciate the guide.

givmedew

Reaction score
If you're like me though you will not be lucky in any sense like this so you will have to find the MacGyver inside of you and get a little creative. What you need for this is an old USB cord. One end must be a standard USB cable head and the other can pretty much be anything. Once you have that, follow these steps:.

Wow talk about MacGyver that is nuts. ... [video=youtube;yyJu6aXXUu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyJu6aXXUu8"]Luckily for me I have a nifty little Chinese invention that will ensure this never ever happens to me. [/video]