Unbricking Your Droid X

mtz_gto

Reaction score
+1,000 for:

"find the MacGyver inside of you and get a little creative."

lol! Nice to know there are other creative people willing to perform
these kinds of tinkering with electronics.
:lifting::rating10::gotmyvote:

cloudzy1

Reaction score
I flashed my phone and everything seemed to work with rsd but im getting the look at the droid eye...I tried loading the bootloader to do a reset/factory wipe but it never loads it just stays at the screen with the android guy and the triangle with the exclamation in it. any help would be amazing right now

edit: NVM i got it just kep trying and it finally loaded the bootloader and was able to finish the process

Last edited:

kdkinc

Reaction score
I flashed my phone and everything seemed to work with rsd but im getting the look at the droid eye...I tried loading the bootloader to do a reset/factory wipe but it never loads it just stays at the screen with the android guy and the triangle with the exclamation in it. any help would be amazing right now

You tried the battery pull deal???
:icon_eek::icon_eek:

evildesign

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone tried this and posted it since their a lot of pages, but for Mac OS X(Intel based) users. If you do not have a windows or linux os dual boot, or want to deal with dual booting. I have tested running RSD Lite 4.7 in Windows XP over Parallels Desktop 5, and everything flashed okay, just make sure you don't have some weird screensaver time, or go to sleep after so long, because the flashing will fail( I made this mistake, but it did boot back up into the bootloader). If you do attempt it, I would say to make sure you give your virtual machine priority over the cpu instead of the host, and there nothing else running, besides what is needed.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone tried this and posted it since their a lot of pages, but for Mac OS X(Intel based) users. If you do not have a windows or linux os dual boot, or want to deal with dual booting. I have tested running RSD Lite 4.7 in Windows XP over Parallels Desktop 5, and everything flashed okay, just make sure you don't have some weird screensaver time, or go to sleep after so long, because the flashing will fail( I made this mistake, but it did boot back up into the bootloader). If you do attempt it, I would say to make sure you give your virtual machine priority over the cpu instead of the host, and there nothing else running, besides what is needed.

Thanks for the info! I actually had a few people ask about Mac compatibility so this is definitely going in the guide.

Fade76

Reaction score
Need some help

I have the leaked 2.2 update on my phone trying to get it back to 2.1. The problem I have is that when I click start nothing happens. I've copied the ini file plenty of times, updated drivers am booted in boot mode says I'm in transfer mode usb but still nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas?

Shine

Reaction score
Just joined to say thanks to thread author. Saved my life.

Last edited:
OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
I have the leaked 2.2 update on my phone trying to get it back to 2.1. The problem I have is that when I click start nothing happens. I've copied the ini file plenty of times, updated drivers am booted in boot mode says I'm in transfer mode usb but still nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas?

-Try going to Config -> DeviceId Options -> First Come First Serve DeviceId Mode (all in RSD Lite)
-Make sure you are running RSD Lite in administrative mode (right click icon and select the option)
- Make sure you have the correct drivers installed (32bit vs 64bit) and make sure they are up to date

Fade76

Reaction score
Thanks for the help your post was a great help. I finally got it had to dig out my old xp pc and use it instead of my vista pc and then it worked. Again thanks for all the help

bharkin

Reaction score
I keep getting this error:

19:21:04, September 08, 2010
Line: 235
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\MIFlash.cpp
Device ID: 0
Line: 1183
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Flash failed.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashThread.cpp
Line: 587
ERROR: Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (Error Code: 3b),
Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=No Direction, Command Value=0, Code Group Number=No Codegroup
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp

I am running as an administrator, copied the .ini file over, everything as stated in the OP, to no avail. Can anyone help me?

kdkinc

Reaction score
I keep getting this error:

Line: 235
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\MIFlash.cpp
Line: 1183
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Flash failed.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashThread.cpp
Line: 587
ERROR: Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (Error Code: 3b),
Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=No Direction, Command Value=0, Code Group Number=No Codegroup
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp

I am running as an administrator, copied the .ini file over, everything as stated in the OP, to no avail. Can anyone help me?

Update your driver ,delete and reload 32 or 64 as needed.
Of course you have the newest moto RSD tool 4.7 ???
:icon_eek::icon_eek:

BlownSi05

Reaction score
So I have done this and have the phone back to stock out of the box form, activated and everything. The only problem is the battery is still not recognized as a motorola battery and will not charge. Any thoughts on how to fix this or do I need a new battery?