Unbricking Your Droid X

halo32008

Reaction score
okay im stuck ! i stripped the wires and all the battery say " battery ok" but it still says code corrupt when i try to run rsd lite it will not detect my device please help... got it to go away but now went all the way to 99% and now says failed flashing process !!! ughhhh wat now ?

Last edited:

rkelly

Reaction score
Thank you for the great tutorial

Thank you for putting together this great tutorial. I followed it line by line, and was able to restore my droid X, which I though was surly bricked. dancedroid

Troll

Reaction score
worked great

had to pull a macgruber to charge my batt. but it ended up working, thanks :)

rcjames

Reaction score
Thank you for putting together this great tutorial. I followed it line by line, and was able to restore my droid X, which I though was surly bricked. dancedroid

dancedroid Hope to god moto become opensource. Imagin that. God bless moto bring fredom to the os as the freedom of linux penguin, :icon_ banana: Android is penguin a low end. Very close of being full penguin. But moto needs to fallow google foot steps. :)

kdkinc

Reaction score

dancedroid Hope to god moto become opensource. Imagin that. God bless moto bring fredom to the os as the freedom of linux penguin, :icon_ banana: Android is penguin a low end. Very close of being full penguin. But moto needs to fallow google foot steps. :)

+1
had to go back to 2.1 because of Motorola warning.I want the OTA.....

rcjames

Reaction score

+1
had to go back to 2.1 because of Motorola warning.I want the OTA.....

Me too well if you think about it theres not much time to get the 2.2 soon. I am happy with 2.1. I'm listening music of it. Work flawless almost. 2.2 is nice to have once theres not much bugs. 2.1 is buggless (almost) then 2.2 for now. Why not just enjoy what moto have to offer until 2.2 is out. Once its out official then we'll be spoiled.

Last edited:

irishmyles003

Reaction score
Ok, this is the 3rd time I'm reflashing my Droid X. Last night, I tried to manually deodex my phone, but it got stuck at the Motorola logo. I was able to flash into recovery, tried everything-cleared data, factory reset, battery pull, etc. Still nothing, I'm beginning to like reflashing my phone, its good practice :p Not really, but I'm so used to it now, its getting annoying. So I'm just going to hold off for a few weeks, until some custom ROMs are built for the Droid X.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score

Thanks for the appreciation and glad to hear you got it fixed, I love getting messages like this :)

Ok, this is the 3rd time I'm reflashing my Droid X. Last night, I tried to manually deodex my phone, but it got stuck at the Motorola logo. I was able to flash into recovery, tried everything-cleared data, factory reset, battery pull, etc. Still nothing, I'm beginning to like reflashing my phone, its good practice :p Not really, but I'm so used to it now, its getting annoying. So I'm just going to hold off for a few weeks, until some custom ROMs are built for the Droid X.

Yea, right now I'm keeping an eye out for custom ROMs and 2.2 OTA. Does anybody know if the 2.2 update will affect the ability to load custom ROMs? That's not my area of expertise :)

kdkinc

Reaction score
What's the point of a custom Rom??
With my Omnia i910 & i920 the customs Rom's mainly got rid of the "crapware" and added in new features.The Rom's on those WM phone just made the phones a better phone.
Thank You to the "chefs"

With the DroidX once you get rooted with 2.2 after OTA get rid of the "crap ware".
Then with all the tools,widgets,Wallpapers,launchers and other various add-on's What more can a cooked Rom do for us???

I've had the DroidX for a month and every time I turn it on I'm still amazed how well it works. The looks, Quickness, and feel. The sound volume well that is another issue hopefully to be fixed with the OTA. (soon?).

skankerp

Reaction score
Factory Reset and then?

So I loaded the 2.2 leak last week and now want to roll back to 2.1 due to the Moto threats and wait for 2.2 OTA. I just did Factory Reset, now should I actually go through with the Activation call that the phone prompts for upon startup or just go ahead with the flash? Thanks, can already tell this guide is great!

skankerp

Reaction score
Well, I've got wonderful news for both of us, freebird_78:

Boot your phone into recovery mode (by holding the power button and the home button simultaneously, then pressing the search button when the Android image appears).
Perform a data wipe / factory reset, let it work its magic, then reboot your phone.

Now, you just need to reactivate your phone!

You SAVED my ass lol I flashed the sbf file and was in bootloob heaven lol
i was about to freak out until i saw your post haha and it worked

Ahhhh me too, my freakin hero. All up and running now, phew!

dieselpowered

Reaction score
This is not working, I am getting a Failed flashing process. Failed Flashing Process. (0x7100); phone connected

Please help :)

fishstick600

Reaction score
This is not working, I am getting a Failed flashing process. Failed Flashing Process. (0x7100); phone connected Please help :)

At what point during the process? Is it during the endless droid/ droid eye phase?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kdkinc

Reaction score
This is not working, I am getting a Failed flashing process. Failed Flashing Process. (0x7100); phone connected

Please help :)

Do you have the correct RSD program 4.7 ?

Have you put the .ini attachment in the downloaded RSD program file and replaced the .ini in the RSD 4.7 program ???

Do you have the correct drivers if needed 32 or 64 bit for you PC ???

I'm sure you've done this but I was just adding some reminders for you trying to help.
As a general rule, nothing good can happen after 12:00 A.M. while programing a phone or PC. LOL:icon_eek: