Unable to Unroot!!! HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by crod92, Nov 2, 2010.

1. crod92

crod92 New Member

Hey guys, I'm recent to the Android world since about 5 months ago, with the release of the DX.

I was having some call issues, so Verizon went ahead and sent me a "warranty" replacement a.k.a refubed, but I've yet to see any problems.

I'm here because I was not sure if my original DX was unrooted successfully. I used "Easy Root" and it rooted flawlessly.

Unrooting, not so much. It only "half" unrooted. I say this because non of the rooted apps worked, such as Wifi Tether and there was no Super User Perm. icon. Also, when I went into terminal, i typed "su" and it denied access.

Please confirm this means it is UNROOTED so I can safely return my original DX without getting in sh*t for rooting.

THANKS!!!

P.s.-- I used the LEAKED 2.2 Froyo update for ROOTED users. Don't know if this can help a little more.
  2. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

Sounds to me like your unrooted. If all the root required apps do not work and the superuser ninja is gone out of the app drawer. I can't say 100% only because I have never unrooted my phone. Wait until someone else chimes as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

It sounds to me as if you are unequivicly not rooted. Especially if terminal emulator doesn't have root rights. That's usually my test for root.

Why do you think its still rooted?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  4. crod92

crod92 New Member

Hey, thanks for the quick responses guys.

The reason I think it's still rooted is because when I went to unroot, it would say it was unsuccessful... All the evidence is saying I'm unrooted, but when I do the "home+power button, and search key" it still displays the "update.zip" file that I used to import the leaked update.

Im worried that if Verizon sees that, they will know I messed with it.
  5. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

Just delete the update.zip file off the root of the sdcard.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. crod92

crod92 New Member

I didn't have the SD card in when I did the recovery thing (Home, power, search). So it appears it's on the phone itself?
  7. crod92

crod92 New Member

Is there anyway to access my phone's files (update.zip) and take it off the phone without it being activated? I cannot re-activate the phone since I already activated my replacement.
Search tags for this page

how to unroot lg vortex

quickunroot tool
unable to unroot phone