Unable to unlock my phone. Ugh!

tommyrxc

Reaction score
So last night I changed the unlock pattern and of course when I woke up this morning and went to use my phone I forgot the unlock pattern. After 20+ unsuccessful attempts (!!!!!) the droid prompted me to instead unlock my phone by signing into my google account instead of drawing the pattern. So I entered my email address and password and the phone is STILL saying the information is invalid and will not unlock my phone. So now I'm stuck.

I tried calling myself using my girlfriends phone and that allowed me to get into the menu to change my unlock pattern, but of course in order to change the unlock pattern you must first enter your current unlock pattern. Ugh.

I sent an email to Verizon a little bit ago and am waiting to hear back from them. Has this happened to anybody else?

wildrage

Reaction score
You have to do a hard reset. Here's how you do it without having to unlock it first.

1. Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons downuntil a yellow triangle appers.

3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get to the menu. (I had to press them several times).

4. Use the direction pad to the right of the keyboard to select the Format option

96BeaSSt

Reaction score
I had the same problem, when setting your pattern it lets you use one dot multiple times. However, this is not the case when unlocking the phone.

I had to hard reset, and I posted step-by-step instructions, just cannot remember where and don't have time to look for it on my phone. Just search my name and you'll find it, but the steps above look pretty close.