Unable to sync with work email

clisk

Reaction score
I got my Droid 2 one week ago and have not been successful in syncing to my work email on Microsoft exchange. I did the corporate sync but I then get an error message "account error" and am unable to connect. :icon_ nono2:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the Forum!! you'll find tons of info in here to answer just about any question. in addition to the Droid Discussions section (for all things Droid), there is a separate section, with several subforums, devoted entirely to the D2. browse around, post around, and join in the fun!! :)

as for your specific issue, that is something that has come up on numerous occasions. try searching around, and you will find threads will several suggestions. in my experience, for Exchange accounts your best bet is to manually sync your account - meaning, you need to input your username, password, domain name, etc. if that doesn't work, then often times it is a setting on the Exchange server, and you may need to get your IT person involved.

good luck!! if you can't get it working after searching around, don't hesitate to post back.

OP
C

clisk

Reaction score
Are there specific settings for the server that are required inorder to sync. I think that my work IT person may need some help on this as she is not familiar with the droid system.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
C

clisk

Reaction score
E-mail works

My IT person figured a couple of things out and now it all works.
:icon_ banana:

bhenrick

Reaction score
Sync e-mail

Can you please share what your IT person did to get this working? Were any changes performed on the Exchange environment? This would be helpful since I have a few users in my office experinecing the same problem.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My IT person figured a couple of things out and now it all works.
:icon_ banana:

Usually if you got a good IT person that's the best way to fix these work email issues. Glad you got it taken care of.