Unable to send/receive texts

Geofferson

Reaction score
Hi all, interesting problem with my new Droid. I am unable to send or receive texts for some reason -- whether through vtext or 10-digit number. I have sent several and they were never received, although myVerizon account shows that I have sent them.

Additionally, I am not receiving any incoming texts either. Is there some feature that I have to enable for this to work perhaps? Thanks in advance.

And yes, I have messaging as part of my plan. ;)

Monstrosity

Reaction score
A: Do you have signal?

If not, probably need to exchange it for a new droid at your nearest verizon wireless store

OP
G

Geofferson

Reaction score
A: Do you have signal?

If not, probably need to exchange it for a new droid at your nearest verizon wireless store
Yup - I can send and receive calls just fine. Bummer, will stop by a store this afternoon.

Saltpannes

Reaction score
I too was unable to send texts when I first got my droid. My problem occurred because I had my phone number blocked, and had a "*82" in front of the phone number I was trying to send to. I only mention this in case you might be having the same issue. I tried and tried to remove the "*82", but could not remove it -- even if I deleted, then re-added the contact, even under a different name. Eventually I had to do a factory reset, and unblock my phone #. Problem solved.
Also, you said that your texts were sent. Are you sure? Long press the last text you sent, then choose "View message details". Did the text go to the number you intended? I don't know what you've tried already, so I hope this info is helpful.

OP
G

Geofferson

Reaction score
Looks like it might be a non-issue afterall -- just a long delay, but looks to be normal now. Weird. Anyway, thanks for the replies guys. :)

thelion

Reaction score
I too was unable to send texts when I first got my droid. My problem occurred because I had my phone number blocked, and had a "*82" in front of the phone number I was trying to send to. I only mention this in case you might be having the same issue. I tried and tried to remove the "*82", but could not remove it -- even if I deleted, then re-added the contact, even under a different name. Eventually I had to do a factory reset, and unblock my phone #. Problem solved.
Also, you said that your texts were sent. Are you sure? Long press the last text you sent, then choose "View message details". Did the text go to the number you intended? I don't know what you've tried already, so I hope this info is helpful.

I'm sorry but that is just hilarious. This phone really is intuitive, isn't it?