Unable to send Picture Messages

goodwidp

Reaction score
I am currently using Liberty 2.0.1 on my Droid X. I noticed recently that my phone is no longer sending Picture Messages. It used to work fine up until recently and I'm not sure what is causing the issue. I use Droidwall and I first had Handcent, Gallery, and Messaging all whitelisted and it still didnt work. Then I whitelisted all apps and still nothing. I tried a battery pull and tried updating my roaming settings via *228 and I still get the same result.

I can go into Gallery to select a pic to send (or just attach it using Handcent), it resizes fine, but when I press send it just sits there with the spinning notification circle acting like it's in the process of sending. It will spin continuously until I delete the message. I did a quick search of the forums here to see if I could find anything, but to no avail. Any help or advice with this issue is sincerely appreciated. Thank you.

mattmartin77

Reaction score
thats weird. i had the same problem with my first dx, but it wasnt rooted or anything. i researched it and found that it was a specific batch of phones. i got a new one and iot was fixed. maybe you should back up all your stuff and wipe/factory reset then reflash the rom.

OP
goodwidp

goodwidp

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the reply. I sincerely appreciate it. I figured doing a wipe/reflash could solve the issue but I was hoping to use that method as a last resort. If anyone else has any different suggestions or ideas I would really be grateful. Thanks again for your time.

tylcunni

Reaction score
Are you able to receive MMS?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
goodwidp

goodwidp

Reaction score
Are you able to receive MMS?

I asked my friend to try and send me a picture message and it went through without any problems. I was able to view/download it via Handcent. So I am able to receive MMS, I just cant send them (SMS works just fine, both sending and receiving, it's just pics/videos that are giving me a problem). Thanks very much for the reply.

tylcunni

Reaction score
Before you wipe and flash call your service provider to see if there's any restrictions or inconsistencies on your account (ie SMS package, APN/WAP, etc) . Don't state that your rooted because theyll say that's the cause of the problem.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think this is a ROM related issue, so I'm going to move the thread to a more appropriate area.

OP
goodwidp

goodwidp

Reaction score
Before you wipe and flash call your service provider to see if there's any restrictions or inconsistencies on your account (ie SMS package, APN/WAP, etc) . Don't state that your rooted because theyll say that's the cause of the problem.

Thanks again to all who have replied. I really am grateful for everyone's time and effort. While I more than appreciate the advice to contact my provider (Verizon), I very much doubt the problem is on their end because up until a few weeks ago I was able to send/receive Picture Messages without any issues and I haven't changed/altered my plan or features in any way. Also, I am able to receive MMS, I just am unable to send any out. Still looking for some advice or ideas aside from factory wipe. As always, thanks very much for your assistance.

OP
goodwidp

goodwidp

Reaction score
bump to see if anyone else has this issue. Thanks!

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Its an Issue with mixing blur & aosp apps. If You Use Blur Messenger, Gallery, Camera, It should work. Some blur apps will not work without blur-home either. Also, If You Install 3d gallery & blur gallery, You can send from one or the other...

OP
goodwidp

goodwidp

Reaction score
Its an Issue with mixing blur & aosp apps. If You Use Blur Messenger, Gallery, Camera, It should work. Some blur apps will not work without blur-home either. Also, If You Install 3d gallery & blur gallery, You can send from one or the other...

First off, thanks very much for taking the time to respond. I have seen the work you do for this community and am very grateful for your assistance.

The gallery and camera apps that I am currently using are the ones that came with liberty 2.0.1 and the sms app is Handcent. Could you perhaps point me in the direction of where/how to obtain the correct apps so that they would all be compatible? (my knowledge of blur vs aosp is minimal at best so I hope that question made sense). Thanks again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Strothmann

Reaction score
Same here started happening a few days ago

Strothmann

Reaction score
Also it doesnt matter what messageing app I use it never sends.
I use handcent, tried the Burr messaging and same problem.