unable to send mail notification

*kallen

Reaction score
I keep getting this notification. I've tried deleting my email address and dismissing it, but it always comes back. I have attached two pictures (hopefully they come through) the one is the notification and the other is the actual screen that pops up. I've tried going in to gmail and check the sent emails and the drafts but it's not there.

Any advise?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you having a problem with any other google service? If not, then try to clear data on the gmail app. Also do you have anything that would shut down your network access or gmail like juice defender?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Try clearing data on the gmail app and/or stopping juice defender while you try to send an email.

OP
*kallen

*kallen

Reaction score
Okay thanks. I will do that. I usually get the notification over night, so I'll let you know tomorrow. Thanks for all your help!

VidJunky

Reaction score
You never posted your results, but this sounds like an issue I ran across back in my Inc days with an SMS notification that kept showing up. You can see the thread here. In that case the poster ended up backing up their SMSs and uninstalling the app then re-installing it. You would have to backup anything with email. However, you say you're using GMail so you can not uninstall the app its self either. Unless your rooted, of course, but if not you could try uninstalling the updates, and then install them again. Maybe while your uninstalled try the cache wiping again. There are two ways that I'm thinking of to do that and I'm not sure if one would be better than another, but one would make me feel it would work better than the other. You can use the sd option to make more space in the settings menu, or if you have a file browser on the phone you could go into the app folder and find the temp folder of cache folder and just delete it. The app will make a new one when it needs to. Post back if this doesn't work.

OP
*kallen

*kallen

Reaction score
It did not work. The notification still came up. I am not rooted. I will uninstall updates and reinstall.

VidJunky

Reaction score
It did not work. The notification still came up. I am not rooted. I will uninstall updates and reinstall.
Did the uninstall work?
If not the only other thing I can think of would be to install a third party mail app. Then try to delete whatever or send out whatever or whatever you think needs done to stop the notifications.
My logic is third parties can control the options of stock apps and may if not allow you to get rid of the problem item then stop the notifications form the problem app. If you look around you'll see most droid users have abandoned stock apps for usually better, feature rich, fewer glitch third party apps. Maildroid is my flavor, K-9 is referenced a lot, but there are a lot of others.

OP
*kallen

*kallen

Reaction score
Yes, it worked. It hasn't showed up in a couple of days! That you soooo much! Everyone is so helpful on this site!