Unable to receive calls. Droid flashed to cricKet (BBv0.5) Please help.

Kryptonit3

Reaction score
I bought a Droid with stock Verizon FRG22D Froyo on it. I rooted it, then installed Cyanogenmod 6. Followed countless tutorials online getting the phone flashed to cricket. Once on Cyanogen, I can make calls, make and receive texts and web. Just not been able to receive calls.

I then thought it may have been the rom so I wiped it 5 times and installed Bugless Beast V0.5 and the same issue. Everything works except receiving calls.

Ive activated it (*228) on countless occasions and that doesn't fix it.

Don't know if its the phone, the ROM or cricket.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it is flashed to cricket I would suggest you follow and ensure that you have everything set up right to work on cricket. Wiping data and cache could have wipe that data that was inputted to make it work on cricket.

OP
Kryptonit3

Kryptonit3

Reaction score
Yeah, everything is setup fine. Like I said, I can make calls and send and receive texts and the Web now works. Just can't receive calls and GPS doesn't work. :(

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Strange you can make but not receive calls. Make sure your MIN and MDN are set correctly. And before you ask me how to do it, I would just refer you to the hofo thread.

good luck

OP
Kryptonit3

Kryptonit3

Reaction score
Strange you can make but not receive calls. Make sure your MIN and MDN are set correctly. And before you ask me how to do it, I would just refer you to the hofo thread.

good luck

You have no idea. Its soo weird. Yeah, the MDN and MIN are correct. Don't know what else to do.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember a thread that provided steps to manually activate but I'm not able to find it.

Were you able to make and receive call prior to rooting? If so, then restore a backup and begin adding one thing at a time (rom, kernel, theme, etc). Boot and see if you can make calls. If so, make a backup and add the next item. Continue and hopefully you will be albe to identify the culprit and restore a backup.

Let us know how you resolve.

Mike

OP
Kryptonit3

Kryptonit3

Reaction score
I remember a thread that provided steps to manually activate but I'm not able to find it.

Were you able to make and receive call prior to rooting? If so, then restore a backup and begin adding one thing at a time (rom, kernel, theme, etc). Boot and see if you can make calls. If so, make a backup and add the next item. Continue and hopefully you will be albe to identify the culprit and restore a backup.

Mike

No, its a Verizon Droid I bought off craigslist. Flashed BBV0.5 to it and set it up for cricket. Still no go on receiving calls.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
So it was rooted when you purchased? Did you make a backup before installing BB 5? What recovery process are you using SPR or CW?

OP
Kryptonit3

Kryptonit3

Reaction score
So it was rooted when you purchased? Did you make a backup before installing BB 5? What recovery process are you using SPR or CW?

It had stock Verizon FRG22B on it, I then rooted it (because I have no use for Verizon) and installed the ClockworkMod Recovery and Flashed it with BB.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Could you post the guide on how to flash to cricket i am interested in doing this.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
At this point my only suggestion is to restore the backup. If that takes you to the stock then you can reroot. What process did you use to root?

OP
Kryptonit3

Kryptonit3

Reaction score

Mike

If you find it please post it in here. I would really appreciate it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will. If I recall correctly the member that posted it called VZW customer service and they stepped him through it. You can always call VZW and ask them.