Unable to push files to SD card

extgoog

Reaction score
Hello everyone. So I got a strange issue that is frustrating me. I'm not sure if its a setting that I am not changing or what not but I have no idea what to do at this point. So I plug my phone and change it to disk drive. I push some files to the card and it looks fine on my laptop. I change it back to charge only and the file I transfered is not there. I don't think there's anything wrong with the SD card because I can easily move files from it to my laptop. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are you trying to view it from your laptop while charging??
In charge only mode you cannot access the sdcard from the PC.

OP
E

extgoog

Reaction score
No, its not that I am viewing it on my laptop. I can completely unplug the cord from my phone and the sd card just reverts back to what I had it previously. Even if I pull up my card through Astro, and delete some files. I back out of Astro and come back in and those files are still there even though Astro gives me a prompt stating it was deleted. Is it making a backup of the card and restoring it each time I delete or add something?

OP
E

extgoog

Reaction score
Yeah, I have rebooted it as well. That's the strange part, I can download songs to my phone and they play fine, but it's when I reboot the phone, my SD Card reverts back to what it was previously and the songs that I had downloaded are gone and off the card. I have no idea what is going on. Same thing happens if I make any changes using ASTRO, changes are in effect while the phone is on but when I reboot, it goes back to what it was prior. Mainly, what I am trying to accomplish is just being able to move files from my laptop to my phone. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.