Unable to pair Plantronics Voyager PRO

OhBeeWan

Reaction score
I'm unable to pair a fully charged Plantronics Voyager PRO w/ an un-rooted DInc.
Used the menu settings in the fone and followed the pairing instructions for the headset (I've had many BT headsets so it's no mystery to pair devices).

What I've noticed:
Unplugging the fully charged headset didn't SEEM to put it in pairing mode (no lites, beeps, or flashes)
(Yep, the headset was turned on)
Had BT active on the fone and used Scan for Devices.
So far, nothing, nada, bupkiss; they ain't talkin', much less paired.
Any ideas on getting them together (wedded bliss awaits 'tween the two)?

OP
OhBeeWan

OhBeeWan

Reaction score
DInc and Voyager PRO

Verizon rep sez the Voyager Pro is not compatible with the DInc.:(
Any suggestions for an equivalent?

OP
OhBeeWan

OhBeeWan

Reaction score
Pairing DInc with Voyager Pro

2.1 Eclair. And the Vz rep was mistaken (to say the least): the Voyager Pro is listed as compatible w/ the DInc on Verizon's web site :icon_eek:

SmartSusana

Reaction score
OhBeeWan-Verizon reps are getting less and less competent each week- you'd get better advice from a rock. Yes, the Voyager Pro IS compatible with the Incred, I have one right here next to me. It worked fine with my first Incred (They phone itself had multiple problems, but that's another story) and paired easily with my new phone. However, after a day, it stopped working-the Pro was fine, and it was showing on the phone, it just wouldn't connect. A little while ago, I completely removed it from the phone and reinstalled it and now all is fine.
I think your problem is that the headset is supposed to be OFF while you are pairing it! Turn on bluetooth on the phone and have it searching for your device. Press and HOLD the ON button on the Pro until it flashes blue and red, then release it. When it shows on the phone, ask the phone to pair it, and when you turn the Pro on, it will work.
Good luck and if you have further difficulty, just ask-at this point, I'm sure I can help!

OP
OhBeeWan

OhBeeWan

Reaction score
Solved!

Your suggestion to press and HOLD the ON button resolved the issue: my BT headset and my DInc are enjoying their paired bliss.
Vz, Plantronics and brain-dead tech support:
I called Vz's tech support and was told by a rep that the Voyager was not compatible with the DInc, even tho' Vz's website sez it is. Something to do with a 'glitch' in the SW.
So, being stubborn, and an occasional pain-in-the-ass, I called Plantronics tech support and GOT THE SAME STORY, almost word for word :icon_eek:. Well, except for a tid-bit about the 'glitch' being fixed in a SW update due out soon. Hmmmmm, curiouser and curiouser.
Seems the best tech support is in these forumsdancedroid

Anyway, your suggestion solved the problem and all's well on this western front. Thanks Susana.

OhBeeWan-Verizon reps are getting less and less competent each week- you'd get better advice from a rock. Yes, the Voyager Pro IS compatible with the Incred, I have one right here next to me. It worked fine with my first Incred (They phone itself had multiple problems, but that's another story) and paired easily with my new phone. However, after a day, it stopped working-the Pro was fine, and it was showing on the phone, it just wouldn't connect. A little while ago, I completely removed it from the phone and reinstalled it and now all is fine.
I think your problem is that the headset is supposed to be OFF while you are pairing it! Turn on bluetooth on the phone and have it searching for your device. Press and HOLD the ON button on the Pro until it flashes blue and red, then release it. When it shows on the phone, ask the phone to pair it, and when you turn the Pro on, it will work.
Good luck and if you have further difficulty, just ask-at this point, I'm sure I can help!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

Yeah you've got that right, every time I talk to a tech at Verizon I get a different answer. Forget about OTA download the files and so it your self.

I have that headset and off is the answer.

/golf clap all around

zaknafindel

Reaction score
Thanks!

Yes, holding the button was exactly what I needed to hear too. I had only held the button up until the first flash, but you need to keep on holding until you get the alternating red and blue. Thanks!