1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

unable to open adb

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ucpro, Dec 22, 2009.

1. ucpro

ucpro New Member

I have the sdk thing installed, but when i click on 'adb' it just flies through the screen and closes..am i going to the right file?? i'm going to:

android-sdk-windows\tools
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Uc,

adb is not used in Widows (gui) per say. It is a command line function that is used by the "Run" command on your computer, which brings up a windows "box" from where the commands are run. In Widows (not sure about 7), click start, then run. When the widows box (window) opens type cmd. Then you use the cd command to path to your android-sdk-windows/tools subdirectory, using the window that is open to execute your adb commands. You just need to understand that when doing all of this root "stuff', you need a little ability with non-gui "command line prompts". For the PC side, Dos Command Line Prompts. On the phone, Linux/Unix commands.

Craig
  3. ucpro

ucpro New Member

ok cool i got it. i'm trying to install busybox now and i keep getting an operation not permitted when i type in: mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
  4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

5. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

Did you execute the command "su" first? You need to be using your elevated (root) permissions to (re)mount devices.
  6. ucpro

ucpro New Member

i just restarted the phone, then it started asking me for permissions when i was typing commands in the command prompt
Search tags for this page
adb close

adb closes

adb closes immediately

adb command window launches then disappears
adb just closes

adb keeps closing

adb not opening

adb opens and closes

adb opens and closes quickly

adb opens then closes

adb window closes