Unable to Install or Uninstall apps in BB 0.4 with Chevy 1.0 kernel.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Hasher, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Hasher

Hasher New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having an issue where I can not seem to get any apps to install from the Market or from the SDCARD. I can choose an apk from the market and it downloads as a downloadfile-###.apk and it will try to install it but it just sits on the installing and never does install.

The same thing occurs if I go to the SDCARD and pick a .apk file and try to install it. the Screen comes up installing.... but never does install.

I also can not UNINSTALL any application either. The same thing happens as above. It gets stuck at the Uninstalling.... part.

I am assuming it might be some kind of permissions issue but am not sure.

I have tried booting to recovery and formatting and then installing the BB 0.4 and all but I still seem to run into this issue. Both a clean install of the ROM or even an upgrade from a backup of the 2.1 rooted rom.

I had 0.3 installed and it seemed to be working from there but I am not sure what happened in all the updating fo the rom ..

I love 0.4 .. it runs very smoothly and I have not had any reboots and this is just an annoyance ..

Anyone out there that might have an idea please let me know . Phone is working well just can not install or uninstall any apps.

Thanks,

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    If it is a permissions issue and if you have Rom Manager installed, you can use it's "Fix Permissions" function. If not, I would install a different rom and see if the issue clears up.

3. Hasher

Hasher New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Woot... I figured it out.. I took out my SDCARD and I resized the fat32 partition and added an EXT2 partition and a Linux Swap . And now I can install and uninstall. so Apps2sd should now work.