1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Unable to Install or Uninstall apps in BB 0.4 with Chevy 1.0 kernel.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Hasher, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Hasher

Hasher New Member

I am having an issue where I can not seem to get any apps to install from the Market or from the SDCARD. I can choose an apk from the market and it downloads as a downloadfile-###.apk and it will try to install it but it just sits on the installing and never does install.

The same thing occurs if I go to the SDCARD and pick a .apk file and try to install it. the Screen comes up installing.... but never does install.

I also can not UNINSTALL any application either. The same thing happens as above. It gets stuck at the Uninstalling.... part.

I am assuming it might be some kind of permissions issue but am not sure.

I have tried booting to recovery and formatting and then installing the BB 0.4 and all but I still seem to run into this issue. Both a clean install of the ROM or even an upgrade from a backup of the 2.1 rooted rom.

I had 0.3 installed and it seemed to be working from there but I am not sure what happened in all the updating fo the rom ..

I love 0.4 .. it runs very smoothly and I have not had any reboots and this is just an annoyance ..

Anyone out there that might have an idea please let me know . Phone is working well just can not install or uninstall any apps.

Thanks,
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

If it is a permissions issue and if you have Rom Manager installed, you can use it's "Fix Permissions" function. If not, I would install a different rom and see if the issue clears up.
  3. Hasher

Hasher New Member

Woot... I figured it out.. I took out my SDCARD and I resized the fat32 partition and added an EXT2 partition and a Linux Swap . And now I can install and uninstall. so Apps2sd should now work.