1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Unable to install Flash on Razr Maxx

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by bocabean, Aug 21, 2012.

1. bocabean

bocabean Member

2. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Flash doesn't work properly on Motorola phones with ICS. Even if you have the app installed, there's something in Motorola's software that prevents Flash content from working on most websites. There's an ongoing discussion about the issue here: Embedded Flash Videos not working
  3. NWRULES

NWRULES New Member

Is there some kind of fix for this? I don't get it. That's why I bought this phone. So the whole flash thing explains why I couldn't stream cnn live feed the other day even with full 4G coverage. Huh? I could watch espn3 at one point on wifi with my old Droid X. I can't watch live videos now on this? Just you tube videos? If that's the case, might as well just get an iphone. Does the same thing. Please someone tell me I'm delusional
  4. TheDroidURLookinFor

TheDroidURLookinFor Member

Adobe already announced it would no longer support flash on any mobile device. HTML 5 is supposed to be replacing flash on all platforms but problem is very few sites have made the move to HTML 5. My suggestion would be to email the webmasters for the sites you want to see and ask them when they will have a HTML site. I know this is not what you want to hear but that is all we have right now.
  5. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

No, there's no known fix for it. Flash works fine on other Android devices running ICS (it's working great on my S3 that's running the exact same version), and it's even still working on devices running Jelly Bean. As discussed in the thread I linked to above, the issue is on Motorola's end of things. Motorola is using the fact that Adobe has development on Flash for Android as an excuse not to fix the problem, even though Flash is technically supposed to work on ICS.
  6. bocabean

bocabean Member

I'm almost sorry that I asked the question. So what is Moto's, or should I say Google's position in all of this? First all of the Razr/Lapdock users that bought these devices with the expectation of certain functionalities, prior to the release of ICS and Webtop 3.0 got neutered by the change from GB to ICS and Webtop 2.0 to 3.0 from a functionality perspective. No more Firefox and other functionality. Now the second blow comes along with no viable mitigation to replace a functioning application for some future configuration which has yet to receive universal introduction.

Chrome is supposedly now going to be included in the newer releases of ICS (based upon my reading of those using a .215 leak version), replacing the built in browser in ICS .211 and prior GB, etc. (Again, no surprise in light of who now owns Moto Mobility). In the same vain that Chrome has it's own built in version of Java, perhaps it should now be built to have its own built in version of a Flash equivalent that will work on all devices where the updated software is being forced into acceptance. You can say that no one said that you are "forced" to update, but then again, I do not recall receiving any communications from my vendor telling me why I shouldn't. Does anyone else see something very wrong with this whole picture?
  7. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

I haven't had any issues using Flash on the stock browser. Obviously it doesn't work with the Chrome.
  8. ambrown

ambrown New Member

The problem with HTML 5 is that there are still people surfing the web on old versions of IE and won't upgrade until there is more adoption if newer browsers that support HTML 5.

In the meantime it might be best to shoot for apps that stream the video you want. I know that's not super helpful, but at least it might keep you from going crazy trying to watch your desired content.

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums
  9. moset

moset Member

Seems to work on Firefox

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  10. SallyC

SallyC Well-Known Member

It's going to vary from site to site but I haven't had a problem with either Dolphin or the stock browser either.
  11. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Premium Member

It is nothing to blame Google about they can only work with what they are given. Adobe has said it will no longer support Flash for mobile devices, they will eventually be phased out by HTML 5 and probably don't want to waste anymore money in it.

There will probably come a time that it won't work on any Android device, Google and all the manufacturers are having to look towards to future to be better prepared. We are just in a transitional phase right now so it seems annoying, it will get worked out.
    3 people like this.
  12. OwlHoot8

OwlHoot8 New Member

This link worked great for me :)

The Corner Shop: Install Flash on android Devices

This link worked great for me and I just wanted to share. I had flash up and running in a matter of seconds. I originally had flash but after several issues with my original phone it was replaced under warranty without the ability to download flash. What a bummer but I found this link in the forums and it worked in a few seconds.
  13. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad

Yep, that works, installed fine on my Maxx running ICS as well as my tablet running JB ... only thing is I use Chrome for my browser, I have the stock browser frozen. I defrosted the stock browser to confirm that it does work, but I just prefer Chrome. Oh well lol :)
Search tags for this page
adobe flash for droid razr maxx
adobe flash player for android razr maxx

adobe flash player for droid razr maxx

adobe flash player razr maxx
droid razr maxx adobe flash

flash for razr maxx

flash on droid maxx

flash player droid razr maxx

flash player for droid razr

flash player for droid razr maxx

flash player for razr maxx