unable to install apps of any kind.. sits at 100%

Malakie

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone have a solution to this.. Not sure what changed but suddenly on my phone apps AND updates will not install. The progress bar gets to 100% and just sits there. I cancel and try again, same result. Other than wiping the phone and starting from scratch, I have no idea where to even start with this issue..

Thanks...
Malakie

MusicIsTheKey

Reaction score
I think sometimes the either the Marketplace has issues or it could be your 3G signal at that particular time. Whenever I try to update an app and it seems to take forever to install, I just cancel it and wait until I get home to use a WI-FI signal which seems to solve the problem.

Although I don't think you have this problem, you should also check to see if you have the Data Saver function turned on.
If it is, nothing will download correctly unless you are connected to WI-FI.
Go to Settings>Battery & data manager>Data Saver...and make sure the box doesn't have a check mark.
If it does, just click on it to turn off that function.

OP
M

Malakie

Reaction score
I think sometimes the either the Marketplace has issues or it could be your 3G signal at that particular time. Whenever I try to update an app and it seems to take forever to install, I just cancel it and wait until I get home to use a WI-FI signal which seems to solve the problem.

Although I don't think you have this problem, you should also check to see if you have the Data Saver function turned on.
If it is, nothing will download correctly unless you are connected to WI-FI.
Go to Settings>Battery & data manager>Data Saver...and make sure the box doesn't have a check mark.
If it does, just click on it to turn off that function.

I took a look and it was on however even though I turned it off I still cannot install.. I am thinking that one of the apps I downloaded is causing this so I am uninstalling everything. Once complete I am going to reset the phone (pull battery) and see what happens. If that still does nothing, I am just going to completely clear reset the thing and start over.

Thanks for the help.

thalos

Reaction score
Hi. I'm having the same problem that you had earlier this year. How did you resolve it?