Unable to install 2.3.3 and different rooting methods won't work!! (pics)

coconutt

Reaction score
Currently running 2.3.4.

First, I wanted to install 2.3.3 so I can root that, then save the root via OTA Root Keeper, update back to 2.3.4 and then load the root from OTA to have 2.3.4 rooted. BUT, in order for me to do that, the update file won't install in recovery mode. Here's a pic of the screen:

IMG_0001_zps858766c5.jpg

Since I am stuck there, I tried Motorola One Click and got an error:

petesoneclickroot_zpscc01bda7.png

I tried Super One Click and the program stopped responding part-way through the process:

superoneclick_zps644e1e93.png

Gingerbreak doesn't work.

I tried this Motofail and nothing:

motofail_zps31b18c80.png

So as you can see, I am DESPERATE for a root. I've thought of what other info you guys might need to help me with and as far as these screenshots with the info, I hope it's enough for any kind of help! PLEASE HELP ME ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

arnold.jpg

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What is the actual system version (2.3.4 is the version of android). I am wondering if it is like the Droid 2, Droid X, and some other Moto phones that are difficult to root on the latest OTA (which is what I am assuming you are on.)

OP
coconutt

coconutt

Reaction score
What is the actual system version (2.3.4 is the version of android). I am wondering if it is like the Droid 2, Droid X, and some other Moto phones that are difficult to root on the latest OTA (which is what I am assuming you are on.)

Thanks for replying man!!

My system version is 4.7.3.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem. I am going to admit, I am way out of practice with Moto phones and have never messed with a pro but I am going to try and help you do some research. Not going to make any guarantees but we will see what we can do.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
OK, I am back. And sorry but I was really busy last night and did not have time to look around much.

and as far as the pics here, I would not expect those root methods to work. Most of them do not work with GB (except for Gingerbreak but that was for early versions) especially since it is the latest and that blocks most, if not all, root methods.

And I did not realize yesterday but what update file are you trying to install in recovery?

OP
coconutt

coconutt

Reaction score
OK, I am back. And sorry but I was really busy last night and did not have time to look around much.

and as far as the pics here, I would not expect those root methods to work. Most of them do not work with GB (except for Gingerbreak but that was for early versions) especially since it is the latest and that blocks most, if not all, root methods.

And I did not realize yesterday but what update file are you trying to install in recovery?

Ah don't be sorry man, the forums are here to be replied to at our convenience. :)

As for the update I was trying to install, it was Gingerbread 2.3.3 as I've read it's a way to have 2.3.4 rooted by "down"dating to 2.3.3 (aforementioned method before first pic).

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
OK, that's what I was thinking you meant but wanted to make sure. Unfortunately downgrading is not that easy on a phone. What you need to do is research how to SBF a droid pro on 4.7.3. It is an involved process and honestly I am not sure if you can even do it with the latest update.

When I get home, which should be a couple hours, I will try and look up some guides for you. There are typically written and video guides available to use.

OP
coconutt

coconutt

Reaction score
So to bump this thread with an update, I no longer use the Pro as my current phone. I've had zero luck with rooting it but hopefully someone comes along and finds a solution for the newest OTA. The Pro will be an excellent backup phone, and I will actually still be using it if I ever have a dead battery on my Bionic and there is wifi around.

Cheers for the insight up there. :biggrin: