Unable to input text

stevo4832

Reaction score
Occasionally I am unable to input text in the messaging applications. The onscreen keyboard shows up but nothing shows up.

Anyone else have this issue?

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
What messaging application(s) are you using? That will help people to troubleshoot with you.

OP
S

stevo4832

Reaction score
Handscent but it also happened with the original Messaging application.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Handscent but it also happened with the original Messaging application.

been using handcent for over a month and have not seen this....
any pattern to it? using another app before texting?

vettecbtc

Reaction score
Keyboard text messaging problem

I am having the same problem, as well as a similar one... Every few times when I go to answer a text, from either the landscape or portrait on-screen keyboard, it comes up, but won't let me type... In portrait, the keyboard looks fine, but nothing types; in landscape, the keyboard comes most of the way up, but does not fully load, and does not let me type... I need to go out and back in to the text to get it to work... Physical keyboard always works... Is anyone else having this same problem? I am using the original messaging program that came with the Droid... I just want to make sure I don't need to replace the phone to get it to work right :wacko:

jts1207

Reaction score
I had a problem that whenever I'd type a text the search window would open and my text would appear. .......had to power off twice now to fix it

msu

Reaction score
I've been having this problem also or seems to be the same. I get a txt while I'm on the home screen and (I have it set to pop up on screen), I push in the box to answer, my keyboard comes up and covers what I'm typing, so I can't see what the heck I'm typing unless I close the keyboard. This is really pissing me off. I'm wondering if the recent update messed this up cause it was working fine before.

However, I did notice a couple hours ago if I have pandora up full screen and I get a text, then the msg jumps up on the screen while keyboard is open and I can see what I type. Very strange. I've tried all sorts of things and can't fix it.

drewshaver

Reaction score
that has happened to me with the stock messaging app, haven't seen it in a while though

Dr01d

Reaction score
Occasionally I am unable to input text in the messaging applications. The onscreen keyboard shows up but nothing shows up.

Anyone else have this issue?

I had this today with Handcent for the first time. I had to close the app and then do a search in the browser to get the text field to populate. After relaunching Handcent it worked properly.

lovekmats

Reaction score
I use the stock messaging app and have SMS Popup and it happened to me. It was too annoyingn for me because it would happen a LOT. I ended up uninstalling SMS Popup one day assuming it was the culprit, and the problem stopped occuring. Not sure if it's the same case with you, though. :/

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have it happen with the handsent pop up once or twice a week. Before the last update, when it would happen, I could still input texct, I just couldnt see it. After the latest update, if the text doesnt show, it isnt there. I just close the popup and open the app and it works fine from there.

skidemn

Reaction score
I am having the same problem, as well as a similar one... Every few times when I go to answer a text, from either the landscape or portrait on-screen keyboard, it comes up, but won't let me type... In portrait, the keyboard looks fine, but nothing types; in landscape, the keyboard comes most of the way up, but does not fully load, and does not let me type... I need to go out and back in to the text to get it to work... Physical keyboard always works... Is anyone else having this same problem? I am using the original messaging program that came with the Droid... I just want to make sure I don't need to replace the phone to get it to work right :wacko:

I have the same problem, but I wasn't sure it was Handcent or the Swype keyboard causing it.

masterxchief

Reaction score
I have this happen to me at least once a week and its annoying as hell. By any chance do those with the issue use some sort of task manager?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Had that exact same problem one time this week. I am using the regular messaging app and sms pop-up. I just closed it out and reopened. No biggie. I look at it as one of those "chit happenes" moments. Now if it happened on a regular basis I might worry.