Unable to flash custom recovery.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just helped a friend update their Bionic to Jelly Bean. Specifically, they were on the 223 ICS Leak form a long time ago. I FXZed them back to .902. I then did all of the OTA's all the way up to the latest JB OTA. I used Linux to root the Bionic, and Superuser works perfectly. Anyhow, I have tried the latest safe strap and Clockwork Mod. I installed each from their respective installers. When I select the button to enter Safestrap the screen goes black and then a few seconds the later the phone boots normally. I then went into ADB and did "adb reboot recovery" with Clockworkmod. The phone went to the stock recovery. It seems like the phone is failing to flash the recovery? Anyone seen this, or have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks!
Mandy

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey, come on, people... There must be someone out there ready to help a damsel in distress... Just think of Penelope Pitstop!

I would but I have zero knowledge of the workings of the Bionic.

Bump!

:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
All I can think of is to flash stock jelly bean again through rsd lite to become completely stock and then root again.

OP
Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I can think of is to flash stock jelly bean again through rsd lite to become completely stock and then root again.

So use the Stock JB fxz?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2