Unable to download apps from Google Play - what's going on?

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello,

Since Friday night, I've been unable to install three different apps from Google Play. Over the weekend, the appropriate Setting page said that Google Sync was down. That is no longer the case, but I still can't downlod apps.

(Specifically, Google Play's respective webpages for the apps go through with the installation process no problem, and they don't tell me that I've already installed them on my particular device and thus can't do so "again". On the other hand, the blue button does say "INSTALLED". When I access the respective pages via the Google Play app on my phone, each of the apps says "Installing..." In any case, the apps don't show up on my phone.)

Having searched here already, I saw only two possible solutions. The first doesn't apply here because having double-checked, I know that mobile data is on. The other, a factory reset, is a last resort for me.

Any suggestions you might have would be much appreciated. Thank you very kindly!

Jeff Deutsch

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Try clearing the cache or data of the Play Store app yet?

OP
JeffreyDeutsch
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello dezymond,

Even after reading the thread from this past December about cache-clearing, I don't know what method to use. I tried simultaneously pressing and holding the power, volume up and volume down buttons with no success. How do I clear my own cache?

Thank you kindly!

Jeff Deutsch

OP
JeffreyDeutsch
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello again,

I managed to fix the issue. Specifically, I went into Storage > Apps > Google Play Store and then tapped Clear Data. (I was prepared to then tap Clear Cache if necessary.)

I adapted those steps from:

Troubleshooting Download Issues - Google Play Help

which may work for many kinds of Droid phones. And if worse comes to worst and your troubleshooting doesn't help, scroll down to see a link to contact support.*

[*] The first contact option they present to you will be Click 2 Call, where you give them your name and phone, state which area in Google Play you're having trouble with and explain your issue in a bit of detail, and they call you back. If for whatever reason that's not practical, scroll down on that page in turn and you'll see a link to email them. Click that link, answer a few quick questions and then you'll be able to send them an email.

Thank you very much again dezymond!

Jeff Deutsch