Unable to disable security lock after 2.2 update

lissaj78

Reaction score
If anyone can help, I'm not able to disable my security screen lock on my Droid X after updating it w/the new 2.2 software. In addition, it won't let me selet a different "security lock timer" time ... it says "to protect your data, your administrator configured your phone with a lock timer requirement ... you cannot set a lock timer for greater than 0 minutes." Any ideas???

jmatty520

Reaction score
it sounds like it's been configured by your system admins at work. I haven't had any experience with that. Or just call Verizon and they may be to help you. I can change my settings for that and I have version 2.2.

Turp

Reaction score
I do not have my Droid X set up with my employer and I also have noticed that since the 2.2 update not only was my "Screen Lock" enabled by default after the update, but the "None" and "Pattern" options are grayed out (disabled) on the "Screen unlock security" section and they say "Disabled by remote phone administrator".

This is not a huge deal, but rather annoying...

jmatty520

Reaction score
Have you all tried restarting the Droid? Or resetting it to factory defaults? Maybe take the memory chip out and power it on and see if it does the same thing. It's not normal so just try some stuff.

Turp

Reaction score
Security lock after update

I performed a factory reset on my Droid X and then I the two options to disable the lock were available.

c0har7m

Reaction score
Before you install any software updates, you should generally hard reset your phone first. The large size of the file may conflict with previously installed applications.