1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Unable to boot phone

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xanzion, Dec 23, 2010.

1. xanzion

xanzion New Member

Hey guys, I tried to go back to 2.01 Stock on my Droid 1 via RSD Lite. I was unable to flash the .sbf file, it won't even initialize the process of flashing. Since then, I am unable to get passed the bootloader, even after a battery pull. The Droid just boots back into the bootloader.

I click start after selecting FRG22D.sbf provided in this how-to:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

After clicking start, immediately it fails with the following in the error log:

20:51:35, December 23, 2010
    Line: 865
    ERROR: \\?\c:\android\droid hacking\sbf files\frg22d (1).sbfsõvìá? ??? ??? ????.
    File: X:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashFileIO.cpp

20:51:35, December 23, 2010
    Line: 542
    ERROR: The superfile specified does not exist
    File: X:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp
    Device ID: 0

Help me? :)
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Real quick, the FRG22D .sbf file will get you to stock 2.2, not 2.0.1. Anyways, try deleting the error.log file and trying again. What OS is on your computer? I have read about that error here and elsewhere, there was a solution posted over at androidforums.com.

good luck
  3. Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996 New Member

Hmm...something like this happened to me. So you're stuck in the sys check screen? I was able to pull my droid back to life by working sorcery on it, I'll check my logs and see if I still have the process I used on my laptop. If you don't have it fixed by then I'll PM it to you.
  4. xanzion

xanzion New Member

I still do not have it fixed, but I was able to flash SP recovery with RSD lite. I can get into SP recovery, but after flashing a rom, I get a ton of force closes upon booting the phone. >_>

I have temporarily switched to a Fascinate until I can get my droid at least back to stock.

If anyone else has any pointers, this would be greatly appreciated :)
  5. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Had the same problem a couple days ago. Couldnt boot and lost all my nandroids and my recovery got borked. I flashed sprecovery (as you just did)

Once in sprecovery wipe everything then flash the rom again. You should then get back up. Its important to wipe data and cache then flash

Sent from my Droid
  6. Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996 New Member

Cereal Killer is totally correct. Not wiping can really kick ya in the junk. I would recommend you check out the links in Cereal Killer's signature block, that info is very helpful and I've used these methods myself. If you're able to get into SP recovery you should be fine to reset to factory then make a nandroid backup, after that is when you want to deal with your ROM :)
  7. xanzion

xanzion New Member

I got the phone to boot up into an ODEXED FRG01 rom, but I am having the same problem I had before attempting to go stock:

My back button stopped working. I was attempting to go stock and build back up to see if the back button would randomly start working.

I have cleared the cache and data. The back button refuses to work :(

Any thoughts?
  8. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Sounds like a hardware issue to me. Expecially since changing things around with your software hasn't fixed it. If it's still under warranty, look into a warranty replacement.

good luck
Search tags for this page

my android dev phone fails to start

phone samsung unable to boot