Unable to achieve root, please help!!!

Mcmeek0612

Reaction score
Trying to root my thunderbolt after .9 update. I have already downgraded to the. 5 but stll are unable to root. Revolutionary even said root was achieved, but root checker said my phone wasn't rooted. Also tried tb autoroot and it keeps failing also. Says inappropriate iotcl for device and tells me to pull battery and try again. Any advice?? Phone is from insurance, don't know if that matters?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the Tbolt Hacks area so you can hopefully get some help sooner than later! Welcome to the forum, despite the unfortunate reason you're here :)

OP
M

Mcmeek0612

Reaction score
Update... Been trying to use the revolutionary tool all night and get to the point where it says root acquired, and when life gives you lemons....... It then gets stuck waiting for fastboot. My phone loads into fastboot and both just stay. I have made sure usb debugging is on, have gone to power in my settings and and unchecked the fastboot option also.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

islandak

Reaction score
Hi. Hopefully you already got it working. I'm just throwing this out there. It's been a while since I rooted my tbolt. I couldn't use any of the "easy root" tools either. Try the manual method. It's a little bit of a pain to get adb set up, but if you copy and paste the commands it's not too hard. I've done it to my nook color, tbolt, and gnex. Good luck.

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Trying to root my thunderbolt after .9 update. I have already downgraded to the. 5 but stll are unable to root. Revolutionary even said root was achieved, but root checker said my phone wasn't rooted. Also tried tb autoroot and it keeps failing also. Says inappropriate iotcl for device and tells me to pull battery and try again. Any advice?? Phone is from insurance, don't know if that matters?

You have to flash cwm and super user.zip

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt