Unable to Accept Meeting Requests

Reaction score
I've got my work email being pushed to my phone, but I'm unable to accept/decline meeting requests. I get one and click "reply" but there is not option to accept, reject, etc, just to reply, save as draft, or delete.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not exactly sure what you're trying to do...If you click "reply," in the email app, that means you're clicking to reply to the emailed invitation, not clicking to accept/reject the invitation itself. Is there not a link IN the email to accept?

lhfarm

Reaction score
I've got my work email being pushed to my phone, but I'm unable to accept/decline meeting requests. I get one and click "reply" but there is not option to accept, reject, etc, just to reply, save as draft, or delete.
I'm assuming that you are using Outlook calendar. This has been an issue for lots of business users who had this ability with our BBs. Always hopeful of a fix, but the work around is to find the meeting in the calendar and open it to do the accept, reject, etc.

Barry

bllarkin

Reaction score
If you are using Exchage, you can't accept the appointment in the email application, but there is a workaround. Go into the calendar and go to the date and time for the appointment. It should show up there, and you can select the appointment and accept or decline.

Edit: Guess I should read the replies, lhfarm said the same thing :)

R1Lover

Reaction score
This feature doesn't work at the moment..... for those not using exchange, meetings request are often form people outside of your company as well, so looking it up on your calendar doesn't cut it.

you also can't view a shared calendar either.... so you would be looking at your calendar for something that's not there.

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
OK, I did find how I can go into the Calendar and accept/reject. That's extremely annoying though. If someone requests something two months out for example. And no, there is no link within the email to accept/reject, which is really what I'm looking for.

Is this a 2.1 thing, or is this a setting my office needs to change on our server or something?

R1Lover

Reaction score
It's not a feature right now for some reason... exchange support is not the greatest with android.. you can buy touchdown in the market and get all the features but it's 20 bucks and not worth it for me.

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
so this seems like an example of "droid doesn't" The other folks in the office can do all their meetings on the iPhone and here I am with my droid that doesn't do what I'd consider a basic function. yay.

lhfarm

Reaction score
so this seems like an example of "droid doesn't" The other folks in the office can do all their meetings on the iPhone and here I am with my droid that doesn't do what I'd consider a basic function. yay.
Agreed. I have a hard time recommending the Droid to anyone who is a heavy Exchange/Outlook (especially BlackBerry) user. I love this phone and am willing to put up with this flaw. My organization (a large univeristy) isn't rushing to promote the Droid or support it as they have done for both the BlackBerry and iPhone. Since Exchange is our email system, they don't want the hassle of trying to explain why the Droid doesn't do.

Barry

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I know it's a 3rd party app but Touchdown does everything excepts notes.....I use it and it's worth every cent. There is a 5 day full trial of it also.

bllarkin

Reaction score
Agreed. I have a hard time recommending the Droid to anyone who is a heavy Exchange/Outlook (especially BlackBerry) user. I love this phone and am willing to put up with this flaw. My organization (a large univeristy) isn't rushing to promote the Droid or support it as they have done for both the BlackBerry and iPhone. Since Exchange is our email system, they don't want the hassle of trying to explain why the Droid doesn't do.

Barry

I work for a major university as well. Our preferred provider is Verizon, but the Droid hasn't been pushed at all, probably due to the issue with Exchange (and the large Blackberry installed base). We have had quite a few new Droid users on my campus, and (as central IT) myself and one coworker who have Droids have become the go-to guys for getting these people setup and any issues they have.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Yay and what he said below

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score

I also work at a large University. Wow. I'm not in IT though, I'm a bean counter.

Whaler1989

Reaction score

It's hard to believe almost a year has gone by and I don't see a resolution to this. I just bought a Droid Razr Maxx and I'm having the exact same issue. I read the (long) link above on the android forum but unless I missed something it does not address the issue, even if I go to my calendar and open the (still tentative) meeting I do not have an option to accept / decline / propose new time etc... I'll go back and re-read but so far I'm stumped. I've been through every menu option on the phone and my corporate account and running out of options. You'd think with all the great things this phone can do accepting / decline / proposing a change etc to a corporate Exchange meeting notice would be a very basic function.

I'm still within my two week trial period (although they told me I'll get hit with a $35 restocking fee) so this may be a deal breaker for me. I just opened a ticket with Verizon. My Apple friends all say once you go iphone you never go back, if I don't get this resolved this will probably be my first and last post here :p.