Un-syncing Facebook contacts

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
So I want to make it so Facebook doesn't sync with my contacts. Whenever I get a text from someone in my Facebook friends list it automatically detects them but it won't let me save their number to my phone. So I went into the Facebook app and clicked on the 'Don't sync' option and I also went into the phones settings and turned the Facebook sync off....Facebook still thinks it should sync with my phone. Anything I can do to stop Facebook from taking over my contacts list as it pleases?

Last edited:

rflem550

Reaction score
I have this issue...

I got the Droid X this morning and added Facebook and now all of my contacts are in the Phone contact list.

I did not see a "do not synch contacts" option when I added facebook.

Not sure how to undo this.

Bishop73

Reaction score
I have this issue...

I got the Droid X this morning and added Facebook and now all of my contacts are in the Phone contact list.

I did not see a "do not synch contacts" option when I added facebook.

Not sure how to undo this.

Same issue I have. I'm still looking for the fix.

Matackable

Reaction score
The only temporary fix I found was to click the menu button while in your contacts. Hit display group, and then choose Phone Contacts. It filters out all of your facebook contacts and they won't show up again unless you change the setting to show all contacts.

Hope this clears up the clutter.

rflem550

Reaction score
The only temporary fix I found was to click the menu button while in your contacts. Hit display group, and then choose Phone Contacts. It filters out all of your facebook contacts and they won't show up again unless you change the setting to show all contacts.

Hope this clears up the clutter.

I had tried that and unfortunately I still see my facebook contacts when i view my contacts in my phone.

Shauray

Reaction score
I found a fix to this:

Go to Contacts > Open up settings > More > Manage Accounts > Remove your Facebook account.

I do not know the other side effects removing the account may have, but I still have my Facebook contacts folder in my home screen and it works fine.

Hope i helped!

ThePerfectScore

Reaction score
Hi, I've had this problem with my Droid X all day. It's so annoying that Facebook is so presumptious! Anyway I'm not quite sure what exactly I did to solve this issue. I download the facebook app from the market place and then remove the facebook account from the social networking app preinstalled on the Droid X. Then I basically signing in and out of the facebook app and I readded the facebook account to my social networking app. Some how all that adding and removing my facebook account onto and off of my Droid confused it enough to not sync facebook with my contacts! haha

When all else fails if you press the person icon in the lower right hand corner of the home screen. Then click the top menu bar on contacts and filter what is shown, you can "remove" the facebook contacts. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

rflem550

Reaction score
I found a fix to this:

Go to Contacts > Open up settings > More > Manage Accounts > Remove your Facebook account.

I do not know the other side effects removing the account may have, but I still have my Facebook contacts folder in my home screen and it works fine.

Hope i helped!

Yes!! Thanks!

edit: That actually removed Facebook from my Social Network. So I basically did what ThePerfectStored recommended. I downloaded the Facebook app from the Market. It does not sync contacts, so i'm happy now. and i like the Facebook app that i downloaded better than the one that came preloaded on it.

Last edited:

mslinda70

Reaction score
I found a fix to this:

Hope i helped!

Yes!! Thanks!

edit: That actually removed Facebook from my Social Network. So I basically did what ThePerfectStored recommended. I downloaded the Facebook app from the Market. It does not sync contacts, so i'm happy now. and i like the Facebook app that i downloaded better than the one that came preloaded on it.

so if i delete it and go to the market and d/l it, will i still get status updates and can i update my status without logging into fb

rflem550

Reaction score
I found a fix to this:

Hope i helped!

Yes!! Thanks!

so if i delete it and go to the market and d/l it, will i still get status updates and can i update my status without logging into fb

that seems to have worked good for me

u get a new facevook app, put it on ur homepage....keeps u logged in...no problems

rubrown

Reaction score
Haha. I Have the opposite concern. I don't mind the fb contact sync, but how do I get rid of the updates that show up on the task bar?
It just showed up one day a few months ago, and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

It's highly irritating considering I'm hardly on fb that much anymore.