1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Un-partition my SD card?

Discussion in 'Team Chaos' started by Porterhouse0, May 4, 2010.

1. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

since i only have a class 2 sd card, like most, and after reading partitioning the card wasnt really beneficial....i want to un-partition my SD card.....

1.) Am i correct
    2.) Is it possible
    3.) how do i do it if possible
  2. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

not to mention "diskcacheindex#####" has flooded my SD card and im not sure what these are or do...
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Benefit is something you'll need to determine on your own.

If you can un partition, your best bet is with a partition manager EASEUS or Gparted. You could also copy all your important data to a PC and reformat it and restore your data....
  4. jayman350

jayman350 New Member

yeah i've noticed that i have at least 10 of those on my sdcard as well. i haven't done anything as far as partitioning or any of that...... what are the risks with deleting these files? what are they used for?

thanks

Jay
  5. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

I've deleted these files a few times with no issues cropping up afterwards. I'd be surprised if the system would have problems with those files disappearing. After all, they are on the SD card, so there's always a chance that it could be switched or formatted or something, so the OS would have to have a way to re-create them or gracefully deal with it in some way.
  6. mzimand

mzimand New Member

"diskcacheindex#####" occur when you unplug your droid from your computer without properly umounting it properly. All you need to do is use the Unmount feature in your dropdown screen before you unplug your USB.

Also it is safe to delete these files from your SDCARD.
  7. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

100% truth right here.....i ALWAYS unmount properly. is there maybe a different cause? Vicious says i could just delete them which i after thinking about it i agree with cause they are only on my SD card...i have apps2card off so nothings really being pulled
  8. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

I do know when you download things from the market they will sometimes leave a file on your sd card.

You know when you see download paused? I believe it places one there then when it resumes it picks right up.

I run cachemate so it cleans all that off my sd card and I don't have any issues.

Besides I'm sure if they were important files they would not have them stored on the sd card.

Imagine the tech support nightmare that would cause because people deleting them : )

I'm not 100% certain these are from downloads but I'm going to say it is probably very likely.
  9. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

i use cachemate too!!!! lol im just going to delete them. if things go wrong ill try to hustle up a new droid....btw everyone my boss just got the incredible...my overclocked droid is the same if not faster than the incredible. just wanted to throw that out there incase someone was thinking about the incredible...the camera and sense (which im not a fan of) are the only real differences.
  10. n0m0n

n0m0n New Member

What did you set in cachemate to delete them automatically?
    I have cachemate and checked clean SDCard but they are still there.
    Thanks
Search tags for this page
applications to unpartition sd cards
hot un partition sd card from htshd 2
how can you un partinened an sd card
how do i unpartition my sd card
how to read diskcacheindex
how to un partion sd card incredible
how to un partition a sd card android
how to unpartition a sd card
how to unpartition an sd card
how to unpartition an sdcard