Ummm.....is any any one having problems with there pandora!!!

chefb

Reaction score
Is pandora having a problem ....or is everyone I know who listens to pandora with there head phones(bluetooth or not!) Having random pausing and cutoff issues. Is it a app interference ? If you are having this problem do you have the Vevo or Angry Birds app on your phone?
Now I was on darslide,then tried liberty,and came across this issue. I thought it was the rom so.I flashed back to darkslide! Although SLIGHTLY! Better...it still acts up! ....so I began to belive that it was my ear phones,until my wife said she was getting the same issue. Now the only common denominators of all the situations I've seen are the apps....all three if us have angrybirds.....but one other of my co workers have issues and he has blue tooth headphones,which would rule out wire shorting problems(with the headphones).
So it leads me to think that pandora is screwing up or angry birds is a problem? I duh know!!! So back to my point do you have this problem?.....plug in listen , is it working for you?

msilvia

Reaction score
yup

I've had a similar issue, with Pandora spontaneously "unpausing". I usually listen to Pandora with my Droid X in a car dock, and it automatically pauses when I remove it. For the past week or so, I've noticed it spontaneously playing for a few seconds before pausing again. Sometimes, it decides to play Gogol Bordello in my pocket during a meeting. Yesterday, it decided to play 3 loud seconds of a Hendrix solo just as my 6 week old was falling asleep. That was awesome. It turns out 3 full seconds is exactly "too long".

About three instances ago, I noticed I had a text message. The last two times, there were gmail alerts. It's entirely possible I had new alerts every time it happened before, and didn't put two and two together. Since I noticed it though, it went 3 for 3. I'm now using task killer to remind Pandora to shut up when I'm done with it. We'll see how it goes after the next update.

Are you and your wife getting notifications when it happens to you?

I think it's just been since the last update of Pandora, and if I had to hazard a wild guess based on what I experienced, I think they have a glitch with the "pause when someone calls" routine that's toggling the pause state when messages are received... or possibly when the status bar is updated to show something new.

Last edited:

phishfi

Reaction score
Pandora is the only app in my list that isn't set to update automatically.... for reasons like this. (I come from the Samsung Moment)

Sent from my "Stock" DX

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Has anyone got feedback about the spotty performence with pandora? Or remedies to how to fix the shorts/pausing fits?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I have a D1 and I have issues with pandora all the time. Sometimes, it will just cut a song completely off and start loading the next one. That's another thing...I've noticed that pandora seems to take FOREVER to load my next song. Probably somewhere between 30 and 60 seconds of nothing but loading between songs. I don't really know what the issue is.

However, I also get a pause whenever my gps audibly gives any diections or my phone rings. It doesn't pause for my notifications, but it pauses for everything else...

Play a jam!