UltimateFavesPRO

LiorG

Reaction score
UltimateFavesPRO lets you organize your most frequently used items (apps, bookmarks, contact cards, SMS numbers, e-mail address, etc) in floating 3D carousels for a quick and easy access, also allowing you to free up your home-screens by creating shortcuts to specific carousels on your home screen, leaving tons of space for your favorite widgets.

Lots of other features are coming really soon! UltimateFavesPRO is only available directly via the blog using PayPal.

Official blog: UltimateFaves for Android

Demo video: [video=youtube;KRmUr6ajygE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRmUr6ajygE[/video]

ultimatefavesprodroid1.png

CDB

Reaction score
Does PayPal allow us to download the app and easily get a refund within 24hrs after uninstalling it, like Google Checkout does?

OP
LiorG

LiorG

Reaction score
Does PayPal allow us to download the app and easily get a refund within 24hrs after uninstalling it, like Google Checkout does?

You can download the free version (UltimateFaves) from the market, and only buy the PRO version if you find the free one suitable for your taste and needs.

CDB

Reaction score
When the free version is a limited-version of the pay version, I'd much rather try the app that I'd actually be using should I decide to keep it. In going to your website, it also seems keeping the app up-to-date is a bit more cumbersome than how an app bought using Google Checkout would be. Kind of a bummer for me - looks like a unique app too.

Why did you decide to use PayPal over G.Checkout?

EDIT: A little more reading on your site and I see...

"The answer is very simple: I wish I could but I simply can’t. In order to publish paid apps on the Android market you need a Google Checkout account, and since I’m not a US resident, I cannot open one!"

...which strikes me a bit odd when I'm buying apps in the market place that have prices in 'pounds'.

Last edited:

Mojo

Reaction score
I tried out the free version in the market, and I did like it overall. But since have deleted it. I wish it could be ran as a widget where the carousel would be on screen at all times. If you can make it do that I will buy and use the pro version. Other wise it is just a fancy folder, and just using a folder is much quicker and practical

Danthok

Reaction score
Tried out the app, interesting idea however not as quick to use as I imagined. I'll stick with my folders.

OP
LiorG

LiorG

Reaction score
When the free version is a limited-version of the pay version, I'd much rather try the app that I'd actually be using should I decide to keep it. In going to your website, it also seems keeping the app up-to-date is a bit more cumbersome than how an app bought using Google Checkout would be. Kind of a bummer for me - looks like a unique app too.

Obviously I want to use Google Checkout, after all it is the standard way for Android applications. Unfortunately, Google Checkout (unlike PayPal) is only available in a very limited number of countries, and Israel is not one of them (which is very weird, considering the fact that Google has two large R&D centers here, and Android devices are sold by all cellular carriers).

Anyhow, this is a compromise (I assume the app would have much more exposure in the Android market and would sell better), but it's the best solution I have for the time being.

Since the app is not sold on the market, updates are received via e-mail. More cumbersome? maybe. Big deal? deal breaker? definitely not.

OP
LiorG

LiorG

Reaction score

EDIT: A little more reading on your site and I see...

"The answer is very simple: I wish I could but I simply can’t. In order to publish paid apps on the Android market you need a Google Checkout account, and since I’m not a US resident, I cannot open one!"

...which strikes me a bit odd when I'm buying apps in the market place that have prices in 'pounds'.

Google checkout is available in the following countries:
United States
France
Germany
Italy
Japan
Netherlands
Spain
United Kingdom

OP
LiorG

LiorG

Reaction score
Can you make this a widget?

Widgets on Android are very limited in what they can do. Widgets cannot have 3D OpenGL graphics and animations like UltimateFavesPRO does. (An exception for that is HTC's SenseUI, but its widgets are actually part of the SenseUI home-screen app, not completely separate widgets)

The app is meant to be used with home-screen shortcuts. You can create as many carousels as you want, and create shortcuts to specific carousels on your any of your home screens for quick and organized access.

Note that you can create direct-call, direct-sms and direct-email items in the carousels so although you have to click once to launch the carousel, it still makes your life easier :)

The functionality is similar to folders in many ways, but it's a lot cooler!

Furthermore, some of the upcoming features are definitely going give it an extra edge:

• Custom icons
  • Carousels that show the current running tasks / processes / recently-used-apps (Allowing you to kill tasks, uninstall apps, etc.)
  • Carousel with system-settings.

OP
LiorG

LiorG

Reaction score
UltimateFavesPRO 1.2 – With Task-Killer / Task-Switcher / App-Manager Features!

Many new features!

• Running tasks carousel – Displays the current running tasks, letting you switch between tasks, kill tasks, and uninstall applications.
  • Recent tasks carousel – Displays the last 16 used tasks (as opposed to Android’s default 6 when long-pressing home).
  • Running processes carousel – Displays the current running processes, letting you kill background processes (including system processes).
  • Settings carousel – Quickly enable / disable Wi-Fi, 3G data, bluetooth, ringer vibration and more.
Check it out here: UltimateFavesPRO 1.2 – With Task-Killer / Task-Switcher / App-Manager Features! UltimateFaves for Android

RadYOacTiVe

Reaction score
For some of you that did not get an email with the new update, have you received it yet? The dev hasn't replied to anyone on his blog as well. As much as I would like to buy the app, not having the paid version in the market with update notifications is a big negative. That is unless you guys got your update email as was suppose to happen.

OP
LiorG

LiorG

Reaction score
For some of you that did not get an email with the new update, have you received it yet? The dev hasn't replied to anyone on his blog as well. As much as I would like to buy the app, not having the paid version in the market with update notifications is a big negative. That is unless you guys got your update email as was suppose to happen.

If you didn't get the e-mail with the download link, please e-mail me directly and send me the e-mail associated with your PayPal account and I'll send you the download link manually.

I agree myself that not working with the standard Android market update mechanism has a downside, but I don't have any other choice. (I'm considering adding an in-app update mechanism, but that would require internet access permission, and I'm not sure I want to ask this permission from users, it might look suspicious. Maybe I'll make a separate app which will be optional. I have to think about it)

I think most users love the app enough to put this issue aside. Updates are released about once a month (They are usually big updates, with new features), and receiving an e-mail once a month with a download link is not such a big deal. don't you agree?

RadYOacTiVe

Reaction score
I agree, it's not a big deal but it's a bit disheartening to see people not getting the email with the update like they are suppose to which means having to rely on your blog or a message board to see if there is an update.

If you didn't get the e-mail with the download link, please e-mail me directly and send me the e-mail associated with your PayPal account and I'll send you the download link manually.

I agree myself that not working with the standard Android market update mechanism has a downside, but I don't have any other choice. (I'm considering adding an in-app update mechanism, but that would require internet access permission, and I'm not sure I want to ask this permission from users, it might look suspicious. Maybe I'll make a separate app which will be optional. I have to think about it)

I think most users love the app enough to put this issue aside. Updates are released about once a month (They are usually big updates, with new features), and receiving an e-mail once a month with a download link is not such a big deal. don't you agree?

OP
LiorG

LiorG

Reaction score
I agree, it's not a big deal but it's a bit disheartening to see people not getting the email with the update like they are suppose to which means having to rely on your blog or a message board to see if there is an update.

I'm using a 3rd party service to handle the purchase and updates.
It's called "e-junkie" (you can see that each time I send a download link, it's actually a link to their server). Maybe they have some glitches, I don't know. I guess nothing is bullet proof.

I've received (and keep receiving) hundreds of e-mails from users with comments, questions, feedback, requests, you name it. and I answer each and every one of them, trying to give the best service possible. I guess it's more than you can say about many other developers, even if they're have simple updates with the Android market....

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, the money I make out of UltimateFavesPRO is pocket money, it's about 100$/month, so basically, I do it mostly for fun. I love development, and I like receiving good feedback from my users.