1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ultimatedroid V10 W/ Rom Manager

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by RubberSoul, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubberSoul

RubberSoul New Member

Hello everyone. My first voyage into customized roms was with ultimate droid vol. 8. something, using rom manager. Since I am a noob at all of this I loved and needed the easy factor. I remember when downloading the rom I had all of these choices......like if I wanted youtube, mp3 market, 3 music player etc. I loooooved it. But then I took the offical 2.1 update and lost it all. I am now rooted again, and just downloaded V10 via rom manager. I had zero choices, and I dont see any wifi teathering logos, and my youtube isnt highquality, theres no ultimate droid boot up animation etc. Did I do anything wrong? Perhaps its rom manager. If someone could please explain in simpleton terms how I can install ultimate droid from blackdroids forum post here I would appreciate it. Thanks all you Droid heads out there.
  2. RubberSoul

RubberSoul New Member

Im reading that rom manager has kinda stolen Ud , so Im going to flash back to my saved rom and try and install from blackdroids forum page here. I am willing to donate if someone can help me do this.
  3. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

Bd doesnt support the rom manager anymore. it wasnt supposed to work with rom manager anymore but koush messed with ut so that it could. dont use it, flash to a different rom. if you really want ud you need sprecovery, which doesnt work with rom manager
  4. RubberSoul

RubberSoul New Member

ok im going to try and get sprecovery.....
    ill google it perhaps
  5. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

I will do it for free
    Ok fiorst thing first go to rom manager, pick restor rom and restore the rom you want, wipe data and cache and do not make a backup, then after its done and everything go to rom manager and choose flash alternate recovery. Once thats done power down your phone, then reboot in recovery mode by pressing(and holding) x and the power button. when you see the m logo, let go. when you are in sprecovery you can go up and down using volume buttons. go down and choose backup/restore by pressing camera. choose advanced nandroid backup. Name it whatever you want by pressing name and using the keyboard to type, when done with that hit enter. Make sure all options are starred by pressing camera on ones without one. choose backup. when thats done tap power until you are back to the main menu then press camers on reboot.
  6. verian

verian Guest

I just made the same mistake!! Is there anyone out there that can provided a quick step by step On how to loose rom manager and get UD10 up and running proper. Now when I flash the sprecovery from rom manager and try to install after placing the newly named update zip on the sdcard it will not work. I had the junk all nailed down <flashing rom and such> untill I got rom manager and now I have nothing but headaches. I just want everything back the way it was.
  7. bill1253

bill1253 Member

Near the bottom of RM there was a option to flash back to sprecovery. That would be the easiest way for you. I haven't used it in a few weeks so I'm not sure if it still is there
  8. bill1253

bill1253 Member

the downloads are nandroids not updates

Nandroid Backup Installation Instructions:
    -Wipe Data and Cache
    -Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
    -Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
    -Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and "x" button at the same time)
    -Wipe data/factory reset (do this twice!)
    -Wipe cache partition (do this twice!)
    -Backup/Restore
    -Advanced Nandroid Restore
    -Choose backup (select the ROM)
    -Perform Restore
    -Enjoy!
  9. verian

verian Guest

Thank you that was the step i was missing!!! I wasn't extracting UD10 I was just trying to go about it like an update.zip.
  10. dave4100

dave4100 New Member

I just downloaded and installed it just fine from rom manager. I made a backup and did the wipe data and cache and everything worked out ok for me. Even downloaded back my data with titanium backup. It installed like any of the others I've downloaded from the manager.
  11. verian

verian Guest

Yea I did too, and it works well. Its just not supported by The BlackDroid.
  12. koush

koush Premium Member Premium Member Developer

It is conversion of the official UD Nandroids to update.zip format so it can be installed via ROM Manager. I just finished converting the NexTheme version as well.
  13. verian

verian Guest

No disrespect koush it was flaming fast and smooth. There was just some confusion on what exactly we were getting via rom manager.
  14. jev

jev Member

I just downloaded it from rom manager because I refuse to go back to sprecovery because the sole reason I bought RM was because of Greg and his UD rom. Since I bought it, I started using cyanogen and love it. I decided to try UDv10 tonight to check it out. I've had no problems DLing it from RM and it's running pretty smooth.
  15. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

in light of todays recent event........this thread is closed an posts deleted.......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ultimate droid rom manager