Ultimate Droid vs CyanogenMod?

sports96

Reaction score
I am currently running Ultimate Droid V10 and was thinking about changing to the CyanogenMod. First off what are the major differences between the two? Are there things that CyanogenMod does that UD does not do or vise versa? It seems that UD is having problems with the web site. If I do change to CyanogenMod I can do it through Rom Manager correct. Will it keep all my info apps and such if I change?

Thanks

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Personally I think they are both great roms. I like UD NewEra (the new version) because it is jam packed with some nice stuff. Cyanogen is super stable and fast. However Bugless Beast 1 is also incredible, I just tried it today.

His website is changed, it is= BlackDroidMod

OP
sports96

sports96

Reaction score
Personally I think they are both great roms. I like UD NewEra (the new version) because it is jam packed with some nice stuff. Cyanogen is super stable and fast. However Bugless Beast 1 is also incredible, I just tried it today.

His website is changed, it is= BlackDroidMod

I had UD NewEra installed but the camera would not work, so I went back to UD 10.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yep, the camera works now, but video FCs - getting fixed soon.

Try out Cyanogen and BB - seriously they are nice...

OP
sports96

sports96

Reaction score
Yep, the camera works now, but video FCs - getting fixed soon.

Try out Cyanogen and BB - seriously they are nice...

If you only had 1 to install which one would it be?

Diordna

Reaction score
Read the forums on each and peoples responses. Bugless is most popular and has really great feedback. Haven't looked into cyan though. I heard cyans more for looks as bugless is more stable and fast

joker402

Reaction score
I tried new era but I couldn't oc and they had no nex theme.

I'm on bb now but I miss ud10s battery life percentage and the option to reboot from the power button.

I also notice that bb is faster and more stable but some have said if you get and ud roms from rom manager that they are less stable so that might be what happened to me.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can overclock on UD, install SetCPU and a kernel (i use bekits 1200LV)
I believe they have a nex theme too, but why use that when you can use my LUNA theme? hahah.

Lastly, I am running BB now for testing reasons, its sweet. I am a big UD fan, but this is pretty ncie so far, fast! Just try each for 2 days or whatever and see what works for you.

(PS the video cam is fixed now in NewEra, and I will include that fix in my LUNA theme, at work, will upload at lunch)

warrior21

Reaction score
Everybody's phone is different when it comes to ROMS. The 2 that were the smoothest for me were UD 9.8 and BBv1.0 which is what I have now. I've tried a handful of others in the last couple of days including Cyanogen 5.0.6.2 and went back to Bugless Beast. It just works the best for me.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i am ud new ERA and it is super fast and super smooth i have tried both roms cyanogen mod,bb.. i personally like cy roms because of rom manager and all the add ons the best.. but UD droid roms i just seem to like better seem smoother etc..try the new ERA see what you think of it , try BB (there is a lot of support for this rom on this site) and then try cyanogen mod and you choose (try them for at least 3 days).. hope this help thanks

justin