Ultimate Droid v7.5

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by the blackdroid, Mar 13, 2010.

1. bill1253

bill1253 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    error 25 - The rom is in too many subfolders. ( I.e. nandroid/samplerom/samplerom, it needs to be nandroid/samplerom

2. keaton7095

keaton7095 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I went from 7.0 to 7.5 I did a full wipe (DATA,CACHE,SYSTEM) and my phone dies much quicker due to it constantly interacting with the network. Did several restarts and no applications that I have used cause this. Is this an issue in 7.5?

3. checho408

checho408 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone having issues with the stock music player??? Album scrolling is soooo laggy and the slider doesnt scroll alphabetically like on the contacts

4. Kmart95

Kmart95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I did a nandroid restore of this rom because was coming from 2.0.1 everything seemed to be working fine for a while. But when I restored all my apps using titanium backup I got my first force close, but I didn't think much of it. Then I got a wave of force closes literally one every second so I did a baterry pull because I couldn't even hit the OK button when it asks you if you are sure you want to power off. Then I rebooted my phone and I got a boot loop on the ultimate Droid boot animation. So I did another battery pull and did a nandroid restore of were I was before I installed this rom and everything is fine. And before I flashed this rom I wiped my data and cache so it wasn't that. I'm thinking it had to do with the restoring of my apps with titanium backup because before I did that everything was working great. If you know what I may have done wrong please tell me because when it was working it seemed great and obviously not everyone has this problem so I would like to use it again.

5. n0m0n

n0m0n Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So am I to assume that this is the update.zip that is spoken about?Ultimate Droid v7.5 - Direct Download [mirror] (Stock Kernel 1.0GHZ Medium Voltage)Just getting used to this sorry for the elementary question.OK if it is the I install to the ROOT of SDcard, choose allow, then install..I am still having reboot at will issues.I am on the Update from UD7, Adamz kernels, and installed the nandroid form v7...Please advise.Thanks

6. Siel

Siel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if it is still necessary but i would like to format system before loading this. That being said im not familiar with adb shell. I have got it installed and cd to where it is at. then i commanded ./adb shell and a # came up on the next line. Does this mean it worked? Now would I lauch into sprecovery and while at the main screen do the format system command? Thanks :) P.S. Im on a mac

7. bill1253

bill1253 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You must have restored something with system data.
    I use Titanium backup and never had any issues. Restore missing apps with data but no system data. Go thru your list of apps to double check and make sure the proper apps are selected and also you don't have to do all of them at 1 time.

8. Digon

Digon Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks so much! i caught that later on... I actually had to add the htc.apk to the root once again and install it. ALL GOOD now!!

Super eazy install Update.zip has been the best for me I dont loose my apps and regarding the othere apps they can all be downloaded through the MARKET no biggy!

BTW I LOVE THE NEW HELIX LAUNCHER!!!

9. Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how would i install the launcher2 0.5 with this? i have the apk file for it. I'm guessing a little bit of terminal code?

10. Digon

Digon Member

Ratings:
    +0

did you use the mirror or the direct link? I did the direct link (direct Download) and has some issues couldn't find the zip. I then decided to download it through the mirror (RAPIDSHARE).

I removed the old .zip from the sdcard and placed the newly download .zip ( from RP) and all good.

11. bill1253

bill1253 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    the download in your post is the nandroid version (1.0 GHz) I believe.
    The other one downloads as update.zip (550 kernel)

12. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well if its not an install apk. just put it in the root of your sdcard then use the following comands commands in terminal emulator

su
    sysrw
    busybox cp /sdcard/Launcher2.apk /system/app replace Launcher with the name of the launcher!
    chmod 644 /system/app/Launcher2.apk
    sync
    sysro
    reboot

Search tags for this page
armv7 overclock

armv7 processor rev 2 (v71)

armv7 processor rev 3 (v71)

armv7 processor rev 3 v 71
armv7 rev 2 v71 how to clock
droid bionic overclock v71 rev2
overclock arm v7