Ultimate Droid V10

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by masters, Apr 13, 2010.

1. masters

masters New Member

Ok since I had some questions and we need a thread... Besides the mods can move this once they open the forum for it..

Feel free to use this thread discussion on UD10 :icon_ banana:

Is the problem with titanium backup, is it specific to certain apps?? Or is it random..??
  2. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

for me, titanium backup couldn't restore any of my apps on UD 10 or with Cyanogen.. But I talked to koush about it on his forum, and he said that since the base is so new and different with Cyanogen (which is apparently what UD10 is built off of, for lack of a better term) the best solution would be to download the apps from the market again. It takes a little time, but it is nice to kind of get some spring cleaning done and not have any clutter. Cyanogen also has it set up so that old apps auto download, but I am not sure if that happens on UD10. The purchased apps should be in your market, in the downloads section.
  3. masters

masters New Member

Doh, Ok I thought some were working.. I'm only curious because there's a few games "world war" as an example that I don't want to lose the gameplay..

I went to 9.8 using Nandroid last time and the game was still there..

There is also UD help on IRC. GO HERE
  4. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

the solution i found to restoring my apps was to use astro. you have to press install on each app but it is better than nothing. i am not sure if it saves app data though.
  5. bizzshow

bizzshow New Member

No it doesn't restore app data
  6. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

unfortunate. i'm not sure how you can save that game data then. but apparently titanium works for some people. have you tried making a nandroid backup and then trying UD10 to see if you're one of the lucky ones that titanium works for? you can always go back if it doesn't.
  7. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

All these people are complaining about issues with UD10....I did a wipe/wipe cache, installed and restored everything back using Titanium backup just fine and I'm having no problems at all, other than losing 3g(but thats happening with this baseband...) Either way, it's running fine for me!
  8. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

i wish i knew why titanium wasn't working for some of us. i am sure it is something minor that is causing it, but it is still frustrating.
  9. bizzshow

bizzshow New Member

Do a nandroid backup and use ROM manager click fix permissions could be that. Is you start getting fc then revert to your backup
  10. claustin

claustin New Member

I'm really pleasantly surprised with UD10. I've been running cyanogenmod since 5.0.4 and had just about all of my apps on the sdcard using apps2sd. I used clockwork to flash sprecovery, downloaded UD10 from my phone, extracted using Linda file manager, rebooted into recovery and flashed. Upon reboot all my apps were recognized instantly, even though apps2sd wasn't enabled yet. I checked the box and haven't had one single problem other than having to redo all of my user settings. We reeeeaaaally need an app that backs up user settings so we don't have to continually put in our google account, facebook, or other email info every time. If anybody knows of one let me know. So far this rom has everything i've been wanting. 270 rotation, apps2sd, reboot option, 3d launcher (although i'm not sold on the app drawer button on the side of helix), and what looks to be a modified version of the Droid Neural Net lwp, which is close enough for me. I just think the LED's look more refined. Doesn't hurt that the wallpaper is bad ass too. Well played, sir.
  11. kaiba1

kaiba1 New Member

is it possible to upgrade to ud10 from 2.1 yet
  12. BostonDan

BostonDan Member

I have tried Titanium Backup with UD 10, and lost about 1/2 my apps. I then re-downloaded everything from the marketplace and reinstalled. When I tried to do a backup, it seemed to backup, but then I tried to verify my backup and got a whole bunch of errors, so it does seem that T.B. is not compatible with UD 10 for many functions. I even tried changing the compression of the T.B. with no new results - still had errors when verifying the results.

Cheers,
    B.D.
  13. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Since Titanium isn't working for most of us, I wonder if Mybackupro would work on UD 10?
  14. chris420o

chris420o New Member

Yeah I was upset only with my hancent data not being restored...a few games worked I don't use titanium for all my apps bc I feel on new builds u should start fresh...I believe this is why I never get any issues like a lot of...for lack of a better term lazy/newby people get n flood the threads with all their glitches n buggs n what not n blame the rom...god I hate that...anywho I just hate losing all my text messages n some but few game data...anyone try titanium on v10 n do a handcent data backup n see if it works bc I'm considering wiping and reflashing with dif theme just don't wanna lose my text data
  15. THAWARRIOR10

THAWARRIOR10 New Member

I've been having a lot of problems with ud10. It keeps restarting my phone for some reason and of coarse the backup didn't work that well either....anyone else's phone keeps restarting?
Search tags for this page

download rdroid v10

power cord for droid v10

ultimate droid x rom v10 download