Ultimate Droid v10 or CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2

sports96

Reaction score
I currently have Ultimate Droid v10 installed. I was just wandering what people thought about CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2, and if I should install it or stay with Ultimate Droid v10. I like the Ultimate Droid v10 but have never used any CyanogenMods before. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

droid_tlc

Reaction score
I have used both and I stuck with UD because my phone runs smoother and faster. It really depends on your phone and you because not all droids run the same with these roms. Some roms run better on some droids where other roms don't work all that well on the same droids so its really what you prefer in a rom and how your droid runs with it.

Tac.css

Reaction score
I currently have Ultimate Droid v10 installed. I was just wandering what people thought about CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2, and if I should install it or stay with Ultimate Droid v10. I like the Ultimate Droid v10 but have never used any CyanogenMods before. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

FYI, you are using CyanogenMod right now, it just has a theme on it. And if I were you, I would go ahead and update to the newer version.

sdouglashceng

Reaction score
Not sure the best way to update

I'm running Cyanogenmod 5.0.5.7 with the smoked glass-esque theme. I'm not sure of the best way to update to 5.0.6.2. Do I need to uninstall my theme first? When I update, will I lose all my apps? And, if I DO have to uninstall my theme, how do I do that? I've not seen anything that explains how to get rid of a theme one you have it on your phone.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Reaction score
Like somebody else already said, ultimate droid v10 is cyanogenmod with a theme on it. So I would go ahead and update to the most recent version of cyanogen. In my opinion cyanogen is the fastest and most stable rom I've ever used

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Like somebody else already said, ultimate droid v10 is cyanogenmod with a theme on it. So I would go ahead and update to the most recent version of cyanogen. In my opinion cyanogen is the fastest and most stable rom I've ever used
I ran Cyanogen yesterday. It runs pretty good.

There is a definite difference in the 2 though.

UD v10 runs a little quicker and smoother. Also of note there is better battery life and reception on UD v10. I don't know why that is because they have the same baseband. Running Cyanogen I couldn't keep 3G up and lost some calls (which I've never experienced running stock)

I would have to give the edge to UD v10 in the comparo because of the above.

huskur

Reaction score
I ran Cyanogen yesterday. It runs pretty good.

There is a definite difference in the 2 though.

UD v10 runs a little quicker and smoother. Also of note there is better battery life and reception on UD v10. I don't know why that is because they have the same baseband. Running Cyanogen I couldn't keep 3G up and lost some calls (which I've never experienced running stock)

I would have to give the edge to UD v10 in the comparo because of the above.

Couldn't have said it better myself CK. Same experience here. I ran cyanogen for 3 days and then compared against UD 9.8 at the time. UD9.8 was still smoother and faster all the way around. UD10 is even smoother than 9.8

My opinion for what its worth

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I'm running Cyanogenmod 5.0.5.7 with the smoked glass-esque theme. I'm not sure of the best way to update to 5.0.6.2. Do I need to uninstall my theme first? When I update, will I lose all my apps? And, if I DO have to uninstall my theme, how do I do that? I've not seen anything that explains how to get rid of a theme one you have it on your phone.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Anytime you reinstall the Cyanogenmod, it will put you back to the stock theme. This is handy to know for changing back and forth between themes as sometimes bits and pieces of themes will not be overwritten by other themes.

I know they always recommend wiping the data and cache when upgrading, so YMMV if upgrading while keeping your apps. After you do update, you can install the latest Smoked-esque theme again.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
You can always make a full Nandroid backup of UD10 and then install Cyanogenmod. Try it for awhile, and if you like UD better, a Nandroid restore will put you right back where you were.

hookerdj

Reaction score
If you wipe data and cache the new cyanogen will sync back up all yous apps from the market just bee patient and let it do its thing

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookerdj

Reaction score
If you wanna update the new cyanogen rom go to the market and fast rom manager and do it that way.if you need a tutorial on how
goto droidlife.com and watch a tutorial on flashing it over

hookerdj

Reaction score
Sorry about that tap a talk is kinda weird sometimes lololol
Our maybe its me

RubberSoul

Reaction score
Just updated to latest cyanogen rom
.. anyone know the changes or upgrades?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Couldn't have said it better myself CK. Same experience here. I ran cyanogen for 3 days and then compared against UD 9.8 at the time. UD9.8 was still smoother and faster all the way around. UD10 is even smoother than 9.8

My opinion for what its worth
I'm on IRC with skull-one the project manger. If you have not reviewed his OC guide check it out.

I have used the values he suggests and the ROM runs flawless.

Great temps, battery life, speed. I run LWP's as well