!!! Ultimate Droid Users Please Read !!!

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by srtfool32, Mar 22, 2010.

1. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am posting this as a little announcement about threads in this area.

Please try and keep posts inside the rom release thread on topic to the release. There is a lot of random talking and other things being posted that are unnecessary to the release.

We want to keep threads on topic for saying thanks, reporting bugs or issues, things you may want changed or anything pertaining too the thread topic. The threads are becoming extremely long and most of the stuff inside of them is not needed. Keeping the threads cleaner will help people go through and find answers to problems they are having or just answers to questions in general.

If you have a problem or issue with the rom please post it in the rom thread and not start new threads about it. I for one do not check out side the rom thread that often to make sure i catch questions and problems right away in the rom thread. If you post it in the thread you will get a faster answer from a beta team member. (my pc is next to my monitor for my ps3 and i refresh often) :)

Also if you make any alterations or anything to add on to the rom please make your own thread to display it and explain it. Some links posted in threads create confusion on what to use, Black Droid and myself do not consider things not posted by us to be compatible or safe to use with the roms he releases, as we did not release it nor test it. By doing this, extra add ons from fellow members (which i like everyone is trying things on there own to be creative) can be discussed in there own thread if they are causing problems or having issues with it. On multiple times i have responded to a fellow members problem and had it create confusion bc another member was having trouble with an add on and thought my directions were for that. Also with topics outside of the thread it is easier to find for everyone.

All of you that use Ultimate Droid are awesome and glad you enjoy it! :icon_ banana: Please help make everything cleaner and easier to find by following the lil guide lines above :) Thanks in advanced for helping out with this!! :blackdroid::blackdroid:

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good point, however I am sure there will always be a bit of pointless chatter on any thread, and I mostly blame that on the little dancing bannans...

Love Ultimate v8. I have not even flashed a different rom since I found version 6.5 on this forum. Now I have v8 and it's been super fast, stable, and has all I need and more. I want to see some sick graphics alterations myself. I mean I have been looking for some 2.1 working MetaMorph themes that change stuff to blue, but none of them work well or look to great. I dono... We shall see.

3. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I think you guys need to consider a FAQ sticky. 1 in 5 posts are about install questions, etc.

4. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you, will start working on one once are next exciting release is made public :) we are changing how we rom right now!

5. droidnut803

droidnut803 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to forums and don't really know for sure how threads quite work yet. I have ultimate v8 with clockwork and must say I don't think I will be flashing any new roms for some time as long as it stays stable and you guys continue to do the job your doing which is great. I have yet to talk to anyone yet so I would like to ask one question. I'm not sure exactly how to do one of chevy's kernels and how do I know which one to do and lastly how do I know it worked? Again Thanks for the AWESOME ROM! I even helped my mother root and install ultimate v8 using clockwork!

6. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You can use my how to guide if you want. If you pm me links to nandroid and update.zip methods I will update my posts with your information. But otherwise except for two downloads my guide would work for any nandroid/update.zip method.

Link is the fourth link in my sig.

7. c_mack9

c_mack9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    in my opinion i think more precise instructions would cut out 90% of the questions. there is a lot of steps left out that i had to ask and research before i could complete an install for the first time. once you do it once, it becomes a lot more clear and all of the left out steps arent needed but i think most of the questions you get are from newbs like me that need every step.

8. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  9. droidnut803

droidnut803 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry but could you tell me which how to method will tell me details for flashing one of chevy's kernel? Thanks

10. droidnut803

droidnut803 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry nevermind I'm an idiot sometimes. I'm really new to this stuff but I really am having a blast flashing roms and getting into my phone. I think I've found a new addiction.

11. droidnut803

droidnut803 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me if they are having any issues with ultimate v8? My only issue is that my phone automatically reboots as soon as I tell it to dismount from my PC. And sometimes it goes into a boot loop of about 2 to 4 boots then everything is fine. Could anyone HELP me with anything. Please tell me something hopefully nothing is wrong with it but like I said it seems to be just an annoyance. There doesn't seem to be any real problems. Other than that.

12. c_mack9

c_mack9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    did you install it with the update method? mine was doing that then i reinstalled it using the clockwork method and v8 has been flawless every since.