ultimate droid updated rom for D2....pretty nice

miketoasty

Reaction score
That's been out for a while (I mean like december) and it has nothing on the modern ROMs being released.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
J

jdog94

Reaction score
No this is a new update and other than a couple bugs it will smoke most of these other roms

youngti

Reaction score
Nope been out for a while. He has still not fixed the GPS and Camcorder issues. I have been checking for the last couple of months and nothing has changed.

OP
J

jdog94

Reaction score
The new updated file came out yesterday ...yes it still has a couple bugs

OP
J

jdog94

Reaction score
If you read the op of that very old link you see the file was updated yesterday

OP
J

jdog94

Reaction score
well the only bugs is gps and camcorder
if you want to try a fast rom with a ton of options you really need to give this a try

trook

Reaction score
I tried it, I loved it. The options are amazing, I really wish everything was fixed. Gps is in my top 3 things I use often and it showed my location about 5 minutes north of where I was. Its gonna be top dog if they ever finish it.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
It's been 2-3 months with no real updates on progress, so I wouldn't hold my breath. Just a "oh d2/dx users haven't forgotten about you" on facebook over a month + ago doesn't mean much imo :(.

ath2424

Reaction score
I love the ultimate droid ROM, but all the issues it started with I seem to still have even when it says its updated. My physical keyboard and swype don't work. I even tried going into the ud rom folder and installing the apps that are supposed to come with it there, and says this application was not found. :/

OP
J

jdog94

Reaction score
looks like UD had another update last night i have not tried it yet

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But it's kinda disappointing imo, 3 + months and nothing major for the D2.

You know it's a wonder these devs get anything out at all. 2 weeks after they put something out everyone is looking for something new.

Now granted UD was buggy and stuff but he's just one guy really working on 2 or 3 things and he doesn't have a heck of a lot of resources.

Anyway, I still think there is a serious issue with either the bootstraps or with Clockwork and D2 so I'm just rooted. No custom ROM.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
But it's kinda disappointing imo, 3 + months and nothing major for the D2.

You know it's a wonder these devs get anything out at all. 2 weeks after they put something out everyone is looking for something new.

Now granted UD was buggy and stuff but he's just one guy really working on 2 or 3 things and he doesn't have a heck of a lot of resources.

Anyway, I still think there is a serious issue with either the bootstraps or with Clockwork and D2 so I'm just rooted. No custom ROM.

I think the major issue that people had w/ the UD rom is just the fact that GPS and the camcorder doesn't work. Otherwise I haven't heard anything else negative about the rom. Even if other roms have newer features, I don't think they are AOSP, tbh not even sure if UD's rom for the D2 is AOSP.:icon_ banana:dancedroid