Ultimate Droid OTA 8.6.3 (New Base) Faster, Lots of Fixes, and Themeable Framework

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by the blackdroid, Mar 28, 2010.

1. itsfriggenme

itsfriggenme Member

Ratings:
    +0

What the krap did you do..I want your magical wand... LOL.. this is actually the first time Ive really had any problems so its a no biggie to me.. it will all get resolved..

Just will have to weed thru all those damn "whats that widget on op" posts..:icon_eek:

BTW,,

I formatted what I could and did the update.zip.. blaaa same problems.. Im still thinkin it may reside in my inability to correctly wipe the system folder? hell I dont know, not at 3:30am..

Off to be, Ill mess with it when I wake up...

2. the blackdroid

the blackdroid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    New Tested Market Fix Has Been Uploaded and Added to The OTA Installer and Customizer Also In The Ultimate Droid Repository Listed On Page 1

#74 the blackdroid, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  3. Mercutio

Mercutio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Should we be using themes designed for Koush's ROM?

4. Mercutio

Mercutio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, srt.

5. SDI

SDI Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe i am doing it wrong LOL but i did it exactly like that and do not have 75mbs of free space and i just checked?

6. Stormwulf

Stormwulf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As has been started by others, I also updated to the newest build 8.6.3 and can no longer find my paid for Rom Manager app. This just happened within the past hour (4:15 a.m. Sunday). It is repeatable, as I have tried 3 times going back and forth, and the issue seems to be with the lastest build.

7. the blackdroid

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I posted a fix you can use it as an update.zip. It is in the Ultimate Droid Repository or you could use the Ultimate Droid Customizer from within Rom Manager

8. the blackdroid

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    No Sir! Different Framework

9. Droidlicous

Droidlicous Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats how it originally was

10. the blackdroid

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Im going to have to go back and change to white. Will update it tomorrw

11. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I hope this does not seem off-topic, but I am looking for ANY kind of help I can get right now. I have been researching different sites telling how to root phone to upgrade to 2.1 and I decided to go with

Loading DroidMod Roms with DMupdater, Reflashing to Older Sholes/DroidMod Roms

The original post explained how to do everything and a lot of other people seem to have no trouble doing this. What I linked was the current last post by PetRiLJoe , and the trouble I am having. I can no longer see anything but the Motorola Logo but I can access SPRecover and I attempted to wipe cache, data, and update.zip / sd card update zip. I also went into Nandroid and repeated all that wiping before I attempted to Restore my pre-install backup copy that was created right before I attempted this root process. Everything I attempt ends up in me rebooting and still seeing this Motorola logo.

The install instructions for this site list Nandroid + ROM Manager... but I do not know how to simply use JUST Nandroid or JUST SPRecover to try to get this to load on my Droid. I am not new to computers, and I can generally do things myself, but I may have jumped into the Droid thing too fast without researching everything. I followed the steps exactly on that site and on the very last step at the reboot process, when everything seemed to be going well, this happened and now I'm stuck on the Moto logo.

Can I just rename this file to update.zip instead of the update.zip file that obviously did not help me fix my problem then load it and see if it works? Is that a safe thing to do?

If I get absolutely nothing else done, I just want my Droid working again past this Moto logo. I am interested in modding it past the 2.0.1 original state but at this moment in time I am more interested in getting it working again, so any and ALL help is appreciated. I was simply hoping this update / install could help me and it seems to be a pretty active community here.

*EDIT start*
    At this moment I have my Droid connected to my computer, with SD card mounted using SPRecover, hoping I can copy over some files or update to fix this Droid and use SPRecover or Nandroid to do it.
    *EDIT end*

If the link I posted does not work here is the text containing my reply, to which I have not gotten any replys yet.

#83 PetRiLJoe, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  12. benji_kidd

benji_kidd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    love the UD product BD, but this update is very buggy, helix2 FC consistantly and facebook wont sync contacts, and alot of apps dont work properly, appreciate the quick fixes for music and market but puh_lease fix helix and FB

Search tags for this page
custom kernel android download for kyocera event
custom rom for kyocera event
custom roms for kyocera event
customromforkyoceraevent
download blackdroid
facebook sexy stiker free download
kyocera event custom roms downloads

ninja h2

overclock kyocera event
repository stock nandroid backup kyocera event